Feelin' kinda porky today...

tom72

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm porky every day, but that's besides the point. For the purposes of this post, I'm talking Baby Back ribs and pork belly burnt ends. I was going to do this yesterday, but I had some issues getting my hands on pork belly, so it's happening today.

Got about eight or nine pounds of pork belly, give or take, and four racks of ribs. Everything got rubbed with my honey-garlic rub, which I love on pork. Filled the firebox on the Backwoods with Rockwood lump and some cherry wood chunks. Everything went on the smoker around one o'clock. Let's see how it goes. Been a while since my last cook, so I'm excited for some good eats!

Pork Belly 2.jpg

Pork Belly Cubed.jpg

Pork Belly Rubbed.jpg

Ribs 1.jpg

Ribs 2.jpg

Rockwood in the firebox.jpg

Cherry Wood.jpg

Everybody in the pool!.jpg

Looking good!

Got four racks of what the grocery store calls baby backs and two chucks on myself right now.

Haven't tried a belly yet, looking forward to see how yours turns out

Wow that's an awesome cook you've got going!

Okay, time for an update. Just passed the two-hour mark a little while ago, so I moved the pork belly cubes to foil pans and added the brown sugar, honey and butter. I also moved them to the bottom racks in the cook chamber. I moved the ribs up to the top of the cook chamber and spritzed down real good with apple juice. I also went ahead and threw some potatoes on there since I had the door open and all. Making progress!

Pork Belly 2 hours in.jpg

Pork Belly Brown Sugar and Honey.jpg

Pork belly with butter added.jpg

Ribs 2 hour mark.jpg

Adeebadeebadeebadeeba...now that's all I would need to get my Porky feeling taken care of folks! :clap2:

Okay, one more update before final plating later on. At four hours in, the ribs responded the way I like with the bend test, so all four racks got one good coat with Sweet Baby Ray's and put back in the smoker.

I uncovered the pork belly cubes, put them in different trays, coated with glaze, and returned them to the smoker.

A little past the 4.5 hour mark, I took the ribs off the smoker and put them in a foiled pan to rest. Now just waiting on the pork belly burnt ends. Almost there!

Ribs 4 hour mark a1.jpg

Ribs set 1 glazed.jpg

Ribs 4 hour mark b1.jpg

Ribs set 2 glazed.jpg

Pork belly 4 hour mark.jpg

Pork Belly glazed.jpg

Ribs set 1 done.jpg

Ribs set 2 done.jpg

Ribs resting.jpg

Feelin' kinda porky today (updated...Pron heavy)...

Soooo, the pork belly burnt ends came off the smoker after another 45 minutes. I let them rest while I cut up the ribs. Served with some of my noodle salad. I didn't mess with the potatoes....those will get eaten tomorrow. Everything was really good. Those pork belly burnt ends are something special, though. I'm glad I gave them a try. Thanks for looking!

Pork belly done a1.jpg

Pork belly done a2.jpg

Ribs done a1.jpg

Ribs done a2.jpg

Ribs done a3.jpg

Dinner is served.jpg

Ribs bite final.jpg

Back