Reverse sear Ribeye Weber Kettle Style!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
I had a nice thick cut ribeye in the freezer and there's a "Reverse Sear" TD going on so I figured that's a good reason to cook it up. So.....Here we go!

Here's a shot of the steak. Its a choice ribeye but I thought it was marbled very well.
q3ma3fB.jpg

Seasoned up. I used PBC Beef and Game rub (great rub!) with some added fresh cracked pepper.
vNajn0M.jpg

In the mean time I setup the Kettle for indirect slow cook
HX95a2Q.jpg

Fired up about 14 coals in a chimney and dumped in the middle of the unlit coal.
bTCJLqI.jpg

When the cooker temp reached 270* I put on the steak....Oh and a couple fatties. Why not?? :becky:

bzzjo5g.jpg

While the steak was cooking I sliced some veggies to grill after the steak is seared.
j3c3NwH.jpg

When the steak reached an IT of 115 I took it off and spread the coals. Then back on for the sear. I like my steaks medium so I was looking for a 135-140 IT after sear.
6ny3O8V.jpg

Grilled the veggies next. They were fast so no cook pics, but here's the end result.
IjtbbI8.jpg

And the steak resting. Man it looks (and was) good!
Q5aIqPd.jpg

Reverse sear steak and veggies :hungry:
8M9FVcF.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat. I actually cooked this last Saturday and was planning to enter the Steak TD as well. It called for sliced pics. Unfortunately, I had some stuff come up and I wasn't able to get my thread setup in time. Here's a plated and sliced pic. Again this steak was great! I topped it with a garlic rosemary butter.
9twdu6q.jpg

another angle:
WpacIUm.jpg

One more....lol
9QGKRmb.jpg

The steak and veggies turned out great...Only took about 10 minutes to take that entire plate out....:becky::becky:

Hope you enjoyed the pron! :thumb:

That looks super good. I really appreciate how you didn’t overlook the veggies. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I meant to type over cook the veggies. To much tech on these stupid phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They must be keeping you busy at work... haven't seen you about in a while.

Grub looks delicious, as per usual.

Was the PBC jealous? Great looking steak and veggies!

Lol! No, the PBC is getting to cook ribs and wings tomorrow so she is ok. The PBC and the Kettle are friends though so they don't get too jealous very often.....:becky:
Here they are cooking together....
vPa2Iyq.jpg

Last edited:
Back