THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
Got a Costco prime brisket a while back and decided to thaw it out and cook it this weekend. It just happen to coincide with the TD going on. I trimmed it last night and got it seasoned with some black pepper and some Chupacabras Brisket Magic.
20180427_231006_resized.jpg
20180428_001050_resized.jpg
got it on the smoker about midnight last night.
20180428_022955_resized.jpg
Still burning wood as the sun comes up and was able to see it a little better.
20180428_064812_resized.jpg
After the rest, got it sliced and ready to serve.
20180428_153320_resized.jpg
20180428_154059_resized.jpg
Added the smoked beans to the plate and dug in. supper yummy.
20180428_154146_resized.jpg

Nice job! That'll work all day long.

Tell me about those beans: how do you do 'em? That's my favorite side for brisket.

I've got to ask, did you inject? What are the dark spots (about dime sized) on the second to last pic of the slice closest to the uncut brisket?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting ready for a comp and I keep getting those. I inject and thought it was my injection. I've NEVER had this issue in the past with the same injection. I'm wondering if Costco is injecting?

I've got to ask, did you inject? What are the dark spots (about dime sized) on the second to last pic of the slice closest to the uncut brisket?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting ready for a comp and I keep getting those. I inject and thought it was my injection. I've NEVER had this issue in the past with the same injection. I'm wondering if Costco is injecting?

I did inject. My base for the injection is beef broth. I saw those too. I injected with the grain but i may have injected too much at each spot. If someone knows how to fix this issue, please help.

So, I would try mixing DISTILLED water with a beef injection. Not sure if it's the broth or what. Do you feel that you injected where those spots are? Mine are so uniform that it's almost like a machine did it. I was way to intoxicated to have that great of accuracy. ;)

Back