Smoked Chile Verde.

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's been raining off & on for the last 3 days with cool temps. Needed something to warm us up: Chile Verde.

Roasted 3 lbs of Anaheims.

16qf2WO.jpg

Rounded up the volunteers.

he6JHE4.jpg

Bumped onto a "taste of smoke" routine. Thought I'd give it a try.
2 lbs of pork butt chunks getting the treatment: about 15 minutes. Mesquite for smoke.

GaAt7zF.jpg

Heated 2 tbs of evoo and then browned the pork.

6BF4CI3.jpg

Added the chilis.

hWccRUF.jpg

And the other ingredients:
10 oz can of Rotels, 16 oz salsa verde, 7 blasts or so of W. sauce, couple tbs of Mex oregano, 1 tbs of sugar, the beer, 2 chopped chipotles & some adobo from the can.

H8R94RN.jpg

Brought it to a boil, moved to the cool side of the grill to simmer for 45 minutes & salted to taste. Fried some beans.

tQxcimt.jpg

Time To Eat!

yuXMq82.jpg

The smoked pork is a nice addition to the flavor profile. Will be standard practice from now on.
Also added some lime juice and apple cider vinegar to the stew towards the last. I like that, too.

I love every picture in your post but your pepper roasting basket really got my attention - I’m guessing you made it?

I love every picture in your post but your pepper roasting basket really got my attention - I’m guessing you made it?

Thank you! Yes, I made it many years ago. Took 12 minutes to roast the Anaheims. I didn't want a stand alone roaster that I would have to hook up to a propane tank. It's small & ez to store. Just takes a few minutes to setup on the gasser.

Thank you! Yes, I made it many years ago. Took 12 minutes to roast the Anaheims. I didn't want a stand alone roaster that I would have to hook up to a propane tank. It's small & ez to store. Just takes a few minutes to setup on the gasser.

Really nice. Your skills are off the charts :clap2:

Another amazing cook Robert, definitely a great choice for a cool dreary day.

Back