MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  



Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

 
mcyork28's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-13
Location: West Linn, OR
Default Cascade Smokers

Anybody have any experience with Cascade Smokers?

http://www.cascadesmokers.com/

Thanks,

Matt
__________________
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
BPS Drum
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe
mcyork28 is online now   Reply With Quote




Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 08-15-14
Location: Simpletown, USA
Default

Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.
__________________
Cascade Smokers "Whole Hog" Insulated Reverse Flow Vertical & Wilson 640XL Deluxe
luv2smoke is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 01-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

 
mcyork28's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-13
Location: West Linn, OR
Default

Thanks,

Which model do you have? The QueDeVille looks comparable to Humphry's Qubed Box. They look like well though out smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2smoke View Post
Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.
__________________
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
BPS Drum
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe
mcyork28 is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 01-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 08-15-14
Location: Simpletown, USA
Default

I've got the "Whole Hog" it's not pictured on their website. It's a double door unit and is probably more of a cooker than I'll ever need but even with small cooks it uses very little fuel.
I have a buddy that has the Que Deville and he loves it, it does seem to be the perfect size and I know he's done some pretty large cooks with his. There's a guy on here not too long ago that got one ("Que Deville ") and he posted a review. If I remember right he gave it a real positive review.
__________________
Cascade Smokers "Whole Hog" Insulated Reverse Flow Vertical & Wilson 640XL Deluxe
luv2smoke is online now   Reply With Quote


Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
Porcine Aviator
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 08-18-14
Location: Bel Air, CA
Default

I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.
__________________
Cascade Smoker, Weber 22", Wilson 640XL, TEC infrared, Matsumoto Janda Magnum, Rinnai Yakitori
Porcine Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote


Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #6
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

 
mcyork28's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-13
Location: West Linn, OR
Default

I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

The QueDeVille is the one I'm interested in also.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback



Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcine Aviator View Post
I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.
__________________
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
BPS Drum
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe
mcyork28 is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
pharp
is one Smokin' Farker

 
pharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-16
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Default

Those are nice looking smokers!
__________________
Humphrey's Whole Hog, Humphrey's Pint, Pit Barrel Cooker(X2), Pit Barrel Junior (X4), UDS (X2), 26' Competition Box Truck Beast, Thermapen MK4, Flame Boss 300
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 08-15-14
Location: Simpletown, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post
I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

The QueDeVille is the one I'm interested in also.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback
Yes, the fact they're on the west coast made the decision that much easier as it was a short drive for me as well.
__________________
Cascade Smokers "Whole Hog" Insulated Reverse Flow Vertical & Wilson 640XL Deluxe
luv2smoke is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
Porcine Aviator
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 08-18-14
Location: Bel Air, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post
I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

The QueDeVille is the one I'm interested in also.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback
One other point worth noting is:

I think it is a real advantage to deal with the guy who is overseeing the construction of your smoker. It is nice to deal directly with the owner and know that he is doing the QC on your unit— not some momo who is thinking about where his drinking hole for the evening will be while building your unit.
Everything about the product down to the door latches and the wheels are top quality, and I expect this unit will last.
__________________
Cascade Smoker, Weber 22", Wilson 640XL, TEC infrared, Matsumoto Janda Magnum, Rinnai Yakitori
Porcine Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote


Thanks from:--->
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Forum Custom Search: Enter your Search text below. GOOGLE will search ONLY the BBQ Brethren Forum.
Custom search MAY not work(no display box) in some configurations of Internet Explorer. Please use compliant version of Firefox or Chrome.







All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts