MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

Default Cascade Smokers

Anybody have any experience with Cascade Smokers?

http://www.cascadesmokers.com/

Thanks,

Matt
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe
mcyork28 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker

Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks,

Which model do you have? The QueDeVille looks comparable to Humphry's Qubed Box. They look like well though out smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2smoke View Post
Yes, it's a solid cooker. It's my go to cooker, holds rock solid temps, fuel efficient and about as set it and forget it as you can get.
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Old 01-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker

I've got the "Whole Hog" it's not pictured on their website. It's a double door unit and is probably more of a cooker than I'll ever need but even with small cooks it uses very little fuel.
I have a buddy that has the Que Deville and he loves it, it does seem to be the perfect size and I know he's done some pretty large cooks with his. There's a guy on here not too long ago that got one ("Que Deville ") and he posted a review. If I remember right he gave it a real positive review.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
Porcine Aviator
Full Fledged Farker

I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #6
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

The QueDeVille is the one I'm interested in also.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcine Aviator View Post
I posted this thread about 3 months ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=251551

My unit is the QueDeVille and it is a joy to use. At the moment, I don't have time to discuss every attribute, but it has improved my Que and my leisure time immensely.

The quality of construction and the finish are second to none, and the internal framing and bracing are outstanding also.

I have been a dedicated offset user for many years and rarely found a smoker that could duplicate the results of the offset. I was ready to move up in size to a new Lang when I ran across a new friend who was using a Cascade and was instantly intrigued. Now I am enjoying much more sleep with super results. I will not return to an offset.

I was worried, unnecessarily, about the smoke profile from charcoal and wood chunks— It is an improvement over the offset. Fire management is a thing of the past; temperatures hold rock steady and the firebox can generate a 13-14 hour burn. No need for a controller. The only thing that seems to affect temperature is the wind— protect the ball valve inlet from the wind and you will see solid temperature stability. You can get a lot of food into this unit also, more than larger offsets.

That's all for now— good hunting.
Blackstone 24
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
pharp
is one Smokin' Farker

Those are nice looking smokers!

Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post
I did see that post, I actually tried to respond to it but I guess the thread was to old.

They are only about a three or four hour drive from me, it's nice spend the money on the cooker and not shipping.

Thanks for the feedback
Yes, the fact they're on the west coast made the decision that much easier as it was a short drive for me as well.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
Porcine Aviator
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post

Thanks for the feedback
One other point worth noting is:

I think it is a real advantage to deal with the guy who is overseeing the construction of your smoker. It is nice to deal directly with the owner and know that he is doing the QC on your unit— not some momo who is thinking about where his drinking hole for the evening will be while building your unit.
Everything about the product down to the door latches and the wheels are top quality, and I expect this unit will last.