Anybody like Clam Dip?

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
I make a pretty good clam dip according to people that have had it. Thought I would share what I do with all of you.

We are lucky to be able to dig razor clams here so this is what we use
I don’t always smoke the clams but it was requested by my daughter so it gets smoke this time. On the GMG with a little seasoning of choice. Today, just a little HDD. If not smoking just cut up and head to the frying pan.

View attachment 152760

Just a light smoke or they will dry out

View attachment 152761

Cut into pieces of various size and in a pan with minced garlic, butter, clam base, and onions. Not too much clam base as it is salty. Less than a tablespoon. If you want other seasoning add it here.

View attachment 152762

I keep it simple and use Deans French onion as the base dip. Finely diced onion added.

View attachment 152763

All seasoned and cooked. I simmer until the juices are pretty much gone.

View attachment 152764

Add it to the base dip and mix. The warn clams kind of melt the base dip so it mixed well.

View attachment 152765

Basically done at this point but need to package and chill

View attachment 152766

I use the original containers and there are always 1 or two extra containers for the cook’s share!

View attachment 152767

Into the fridge right away and let it set up – Ready for chips – I like Tim’s Jalapeno chips

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I have never tried it with canned clams but I suppose it would be pretty good. The clam base does add to it but be careful as it is salty. We also use it in our clam chowder. Of course lots of big chunks of clams also.

Back