The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #16
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Why limit this to the comp forum? Qtalk is no different. 10 responses but only one or 2 properly vetted responders. I take whats posted with a grain of salt depending on who posts it. One response from Landarc or sako could be worth 10 other guys to me.

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #17
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Why limit this to the comp forum? Qtalk is no different. 10 responses but only one or 2 properly vetted responders. I take whats posted with a grain of salt depending on who posts it. One response from Landarc or sako could be worth 10 other guys to me.
And be careful to remember that you clicked on "New Posts" before posting. Comp people are cruel if you stumble in there unaware!

Old 10-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #18
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
And be careful to remember that you clicked on "New Posts" before posting. Comp people are cruel if you stumble in there unaware!
They aint so bad. I think about em like zombies. Only dangerous in groups and even then rather harmless if you come in prepared

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #19
smokeacholic
Full Fledged Farker

I have competed against Gettinbasted more than once and I will tell you when he answers someones question on this forum it is no BS. He is a very helpful cook.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #20
McEvoy AZ
On the road to being a farker

I would have to say that maybe one of the best advice I could give to someone starting out is to follow this forum as well as a few others and check daily. To me this just putting in your work in order to get better. When my focus is at its top I am non stop on this forum. In my first year before I ever took a class, I cooked at a bbq comp in Laughlin NV at the USA Barbeque Championship. It was the year that they offered all the regional bbq sanctioning bodies free entry and was a week before The World Food Championship in Las Vegas and I finished 9th against truly 85 of the best teams in the nation betting many well know champions. That was done by following a few forums like this and getting advice from friends that had local teams. Now sorting out the good info from the bad info is just putting in your work also. Practice, Practice, Practice and you will weed out the good from the bad. I will tell you that you really need to keep an open mind and you will find there is more good info in this forum then bad. When you see a post that many have responded you read it, as you can bet some of the best teams, judges, and experts have weighed in and turned the post to be extremely helpful.

2014 AZBarbeque Team of the Year
(Winner of all categories in that year)
McEvoy AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #21
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right on Q View Post
Pretty easy to look up a team and their finishes in the KCBS directory. That's what I do.
Lol...you won't find us there...but we do ok.
MAK 1 Star General...
MAK 2 Star General...
MAK 3 Star General...the one to rule them all!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #22
16Adams

Deleted

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-07-2017 at 04:03 PM..
16Adams is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #23
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Before the latest/hottest/most popular trend in BBQ, somebody had to do it first. Don't discount an idea because it didn't come from a top 10 winning team.
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #24
Burnt at Both Endz
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post
That’s the beauty of this page! Sorting out the good from the bad! It’s very entertaining so I wouldn’t change a thing.

<postscript>
1st Chicken 180
1st Chicken 180
1st Chicken 180
1st Chicken 180
1st Chicken 180
</postscript>
I need to hit you up for some chicken advice....

DAL...chicken
DAL...chicken
DAL...chicken
DAL...chicken
DAL...chicken
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->