The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry
Default Fajita's and App's

Did a couple of cooks this weekend. I had bought a skirt steak last weekend to make some grilled Fajita's, rubbed it up and vacuum sealed it to marinate, but then the rain came last week. Finally got a chance to grill it up Saturday with some veggies and tortillas. Turned out great, just wish I had taken a little more time to take care of the silver skin that was on the back of part of it. Made some of the meat not pull apart as easily as the rest.

My plate...

Close up...

Wife's plate looked a little prettier. What can I say, I like lots of everything.

Promised a friend I'd make some App's for her Birthday / Sunday Funday. Decided to go with Pig Shots and some Poppers. First to make the shot glasses.

Forgot to take a picture of the filling. I mixed cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chopped pulled pork, and Slap Ya Mama seasoning. Put that into a piping bag and filled the cups. Some with Jalapeno's:

And some without:

Cleaned some more Jalapeno's for Poppers and filled them with the same filling, wrapped in bacon, and a little more Slap Ya Mama.

Everything on the WSCG with the extended grate and a little pear wood.

Side view:

Smoked a little more sausage and that was dinner for us. The rest went to the bar...

Thanks for looking...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
tom b
Babbling Farker

Oh man that really looks good Terry
Traeger Timberline 1300, Built in Santa Maria Pit, Weber Performer Deluxe 22 w/CB Rotisserie, Blackstone Pizza Oven, Bayou Classic 36" offset, WGA, Smokey Joe, Akorn Jr., Wood Fire Barrel Rotisserie cooker
tom b is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
THoey1963

Thanks Tom...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

Old 10-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

Nice work the fajitas look amazing and the I'm sure the apps were a hit.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Monte Cristo
Full Fledged Farker

Great cook. I love pork shots. My bacon doesn’t stand up nice like yours did. Well don.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

I need to know the address of the bar!

UDS now resurrected, Square Chicken Cooker, Green 22" Kettle, Stok Tower Grill & Barrel Grill, Stealth WSM 18", Char Broil Kamander
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Look mighty fine Terry!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #8
Big George's BBQ

I would like some of all of that Nicely done
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
THoey1963

Thanks y'all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Cristo View Post
Great cook. I love pork shots. My bacon doesn’t stand up nice like yours did. Well don.
Trust me, they weren't all pretty... I think the trick is to keep the bacon cold. I used Thick Sliced Peppered Bacon. I cut each package of bacon open, and then in half, put all four halves (two packages) onto a paper plate and then put them in the fridge to stay cold. I pulled one half out, rolled them up, then get the second half. Two halves worth went on each sheet. Once rolled, the sheet went into the fridge to get cold again. When both sheets were done and chilling, I mixed the filling. Get one sheet out, fill the cups, back into the fridge, repeat for the second sheet. Fired up the WSCG, both sheets directly from fridge to grate. Once filled, they usually hold their shape.

Hardest thing for me is how much to fill. I usually over fill them, then the filling expands as it cooks, and I get little volcanoes. This time, I think I under filled most, as they didn't even rise to the top.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
HumboldtSmokeBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Great work!!

Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #11
Toast

Outstanding Sir! You must have a Chamber Vac. No way I could wet marinade with Food Saver.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
GrillEye Bluetooth Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Toast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #12
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Stellar grub !!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #13
THoey1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Outstanding Sir! You must have a Chamber Vac. No way I could wet marinade with Food Saver.
I wish. Nope, a three or four year old Foodsaver V3425. I just hit the seal button when I see it start to draw the juices up.

https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-352.../dp/B007YLCR3Q

It is getting close to end of life. I want one of those nice ones the guys on here talk about, but the idea of the price and where to store it are prohibitive.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Everything looks perfect. Great job Terry.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #15
THoey1963

Thanks Joe! Hey, I missed it. How did the rib cook go for that tournament?