The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts

Notices

Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts Revolutionary new way to season your food. No additives, no preservatives. Mother Nature provides the ingredients, Naturiffic provides the products. Our Gourmet Salts begin with high-end unrefined Sea Salt to which we add herbs and citrus elements. Use in recipes, at the grill or as a finishing salt. Our brining salts are formulated to be used as a Dry brine.This forum is where to get Brethren discounts, share your recipes and feedback, and help us with future product development.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #16
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

There was even a grain left....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (68.7 KB, 89 views)
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Pstores is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstores View Post
More....

Wow! That really sucks.

Looks like the dragged it behind the mail truck for a few miles.
Brethren Vendor Forum: Giveaways, & Brethren Only Discounts!
  • Naturiffic Harvest Brine Available Here
  • Get Q-Salt Here
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #18
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

I was so looking forward to it. Was going to test with a ribeye...... That's my luck. Hope my LSG IVC gets here in better shape that that. Lol....
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #19
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstores View Post
I was so looking forward to it. Was going to test with a ribeye...... That's my luck. Hope my LSG IVC gets here in better shape that that. Lol....

I don't give up that easy. ;)
  • Get Q-Salt Here
Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #20
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
I don't give up that easy. ;)
Good, Thanks....... Only thing I was looking forward to all week. Then wam, the USPS rips the rug right out from under me.... Lol
Old 07-17-2017, 10:51 PM   #21
LYU370
is Blowin Smoke!

First cook with the super secret test product. Decided on some Sirloins. Flying solo tonight, so just one. Gave it a good coat...

And on the Big Joe...

Little flame action to finish it up...

Good stuff Maynard.

Good flavor, not too salty. Somewhat similar to some of the "steak seasonings" but just a bit different.

For a name, I'll throw in "Pick a name of a place noted for beef" Beef Seasoning:

Ft. Worth Beef Seasoning... Oklahoma Beef Seasoning... Montana Beef Seasoning... Stockyards Beef Seasoning... etc... I'd avoid Chicago or Montreal as Weber & McCormick already have those covered.

Good job John!

FEC100 - Big Joe - Saber 500 Gasser
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #22
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
First cook with the super secret test product. Decided on some Sirloins. Flying solo tonight, so just one. Gave it a good coat...

And on the Big Joe...

Little flame action to finish it up...

Good stuff Maynard.

Good flavor, not too salty. Somewhat similar to some of the "steak seasonings" but just a bit different.

For a name, I'll throw in "Pick a name of a place noted for beef" Beef Seasoning:

Ft. Worth Beef Seasoning... Oklahoma Beef Seasoning... Montana Beef Seasoning... Stockyards Beef Seasoning... etc... I'd avoid Chicago or Montreal as Weber & McCormick already have those covered.

Good job John!

Thanks for the review! Great looking steak.
  • Get Q-Salt Here
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #23
mcyork28
is one Smokin' Farker

Just pulled my sample out of the mailbox. Did a quick taste test and can tell this is going to be great on a steak. Hopefully I can get a review done this weekend.

Thanks for letting me participate.

Matt
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #24
morgan-que
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Captain Morgan
Default Let's keep the X in the salt

Generation X-salt!!"brethren tested, brethren approved
Old 07-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #25
mrbill
is one Smokin' Farker

got my sample last night. have some meat working right now, but will have to wait until tomorrow to post it. in the interim, here are some more name suggestions courtesy of some sudsy inspiration.

Farkin Good
farkin awesome
awesome sauce
the good stuff
the right stuff
flavor bomb
farkin fantastic
super savory
trust us dust
gotta have it
super dust
flavor magic
one bite wonder dust
universal magic
wonder dust
umami bomb
umami bombi
flavor explosion
savory explosion
all the right stuff
all the right dust
super sprinkles
savory bomb
just use it
magic sprinkles
sprinkle magic
meat temptation
protein temptation
wham bam
fark yeah
power dust
power sprinkles
divine dust
divinity
Old 07-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #26
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Default Mission: Name Our New Product - List of Names

Umami bombi is certainly an inspired name. Lol
  • Get Q-Salt Here

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 07-20-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #27
mrbill
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Unami bombi is certainly an inspired name. Lol
lol, ty. without giving my whole review away, the umami name suggestions came from what will be the first part of my review.

edited to add other name suggestions

umami mami
holy umami
umami sprinkles
umami magic
umami dust
umami punch
slap ya umami

the more i think about it, more names come to me. i have not previously used any of your products, but i can honestly say this one is a winner for sure.

Last edited by mrbill; 07-19-2017 at 10:08 PM..
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #28
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

Carnivore cow dust
Cow dust
Carnivore cow
Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #29
mrbill
is one Smokin' Farker

okay, time to give my review. i chose to use my sample on two different meats. first up was a boneless skinless chicken thigh. second was beef jerky.

test 1- the chicken thigh. i know it was developed with a beefy focus, but i wanted to try it on something else, because i am a curious sort and like experimenting. anyway, nothing fancy, just sprinkled a good layer on a boneless skinless chicken thigh and baked it in the oven at 400 til done.

it was excellent. very savory, very complex and not overly salty and no one flavor seemed to dominate. and i could still taste the chicken, not just the dust. this is where a lot of my umami/savory suggestions came from. it may have been developed with beef in mind, but it'll work some magic on a yard bird.

test 2- beef jerky. wanted to try it on beef, because, hey, that's what it's focus was. wasn't sure what to do. long story short, while i was thinking about it, i happened to see a youtube video of aaron franklin making jerky. the light bulb went on and i had my mission. i bought an 8oz flat iron steak that i lightly tenderized with a jaccard then hand cut it into roughly 3/8-1/2 in strips. tossed the remaining sample (about 85% of the bag) onto the strips and mixed them til evenly coated. then into a ziplock bag for 24hrs. put em on the dehydrator with plenty of room in between and 5.5hrs later they were done.

jerky on

jerky done

due to the thickness, i pulled it off when it was still just a smidge soft in the middle. tried a piece and wow! it was awesome. flavor was really peppery, but not in a bad way. the bites without as much pepper, the flavor of the seasoning on the meat really came through. these, together with the semi-soft jerky made for a really enjoyable snack.
i bagged up the remaining jerky and took it in to work today. it didn't make it through the morning. i know of at least 7 people(i wasn't in the office the whole time) who tried it. every single one loved the flavor. i even had a couple asking when i'd be able to get more to make more jerky.

overall-excellent product and very versatile. while there is a lot going on, flavorwise, none seem to drown out the others. delicate enough for chicken and confident enough for beef jerky. i think you've got a hit on your hands here. i feel that to accurately hint to people what kind of flavor they should expect, it's name should include some variation/synonym of savory or the like.

couple more name suggestions

savory shot
savory magic
mrbill's jerky magic

eidted to add- i forgot to mention earlier that i think this would be spectacular on a prime rib roast
Save

Last edited by mrbill; 07-20-2017 at 08:51 PM..
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #30
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
okay, time to give my review. i chose to use my sample on two different meats. first up was a boneless skinless chicken thigh. second was beef jerky.

test 1- the chicken thigh. i know it was developed with a beefy focus, but i wanted to try it on something else, because i am a curious sort and like experimenting. anyway, nothing fancy, just sprinkled a good layer on a boneless skinless chicken thigh and baked it in the oven at 400 til done.

it was excellent. very savory, very complex and not overly salty and no one flavor seemed to dominate. and i could still taste the chicken, not just the dust. this is where a lot of my umami/savory suggestions came from. it may have been developed with beef in mind, but it'll work some magic on a yard bird.

test 2- beef jerky. wanted to try it on beef, because, hey, that's what it's focus was. wasn't sure what to do. long story short, while i was thinking about it, i happened to see a youtube video of aaron franklin making jerky. the light bulb went on and i had my mission. i bought an 8oz flat iron steak that i lightly tenderized with a jaccard then hand cut it into roughly 3/8-1/2 in strips. tossed the remaining sample (about 85% of the bag) onto the strips and mixed them til evenly coated. then into a ziplock bag for 24hrs. put em on the dehydrator with plenty of room in between and 5.5hrs later they were done.

jerky on

jerky done

due to the thickness, i pulled it off when it was still just a smidge soft in the middle. tried a piece and wow! it was awesome. flavor was really peppery, but not in a bad way. the bites without as much pepper, the flavor of the seasoning on the meat really came through. these, together with the semi-soft jerky made for a really enjoyable snack.
i bagged up the remaining jerky and took it in to work today. it didn't make it through the morning. i know of at least 7 people(i wasn't in the office the whole time) who tried it. every single one loved the flavor. i even had a couple asking when i'd be able to get more to make more jerky.

overall-excellent product and very versatile. while there is a lot going on, flavorwise, none seem to drown out the others. delicate enough for chicken and confident enough for beef jerky. i think you've got a hit on your hands here. i feel that to accurately hint to people what kind of flavor they should expect, it's name should include some variation/synonym of savory or the like.

couple more name suggestions

savory shot
savory magic
mrbill's jerky magic

Thanks for the generous review!
I really like the jerky idea.

Will you be posting this in Q-Talk as well?
  • Get Q-Salt Here