MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
cerpika
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Your choice of BBQ servingware

I've always liked the rectangle metal plates (with a piece of paper between that and the food) that several BBQ joints around me use for BBQ plates. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding out where I can purchase them. If you have a source, I'd love to know where I can acquire them.

I'm also curious to what your favorite servingware is for your backyard BBQing... What type of dinner plates add the perfect touch to your BBQ greatness, or do you just stick with the good ol' paper plates....?
cerpika is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

This is one of the things I found. Not sure if it what you are looking for. We use metal pie tins for sandwiches and large black oval plates for dinners and nachos.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/509...innerware.html

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

We buy heavy oval plastic platters at a place in town called "Party Time".
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

We only do mobile vending and catering gigs. My son (a millennial) tells me that one of the factors in his choice of which food truck to eat from is whether the wares are eco-friendly. If the to-go containers are styrofoam and the utensils are plastic, he passes it by regardless of how good the food might be. He also told me that many of his friends/coworkers think the same way.

So with that in mind I am using Kraft #3 recycled containers, and utensils made from corn starch that dissolve in water.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #5
cast0r
Got rid of the matchlight.

I've been to a few different bbq restaurants that use various metal trays. In Colorado I remember being served a sampler on a upside down metal trashcan lid!

The included picture are called sheet pans in the biz

Half would fit about 3 baby backs
Quarter would fit a 10lb butt for size reference.

Restaurant depot always have them in stock in my neck of the woods.

cast0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
warren.miller
Knows what a fatty is.

Where is the best place to buy recycled plates or even the best price for regular plates?
warren.miller is offline   Reply With Quote