THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
For Japanese or Korean style BBQ I usually use my WGA with the Grill Grates flipped over. WGA works great but for $30 why not try to get the right set up. :noidea:

So Amazon

4LinA3ih.jpg

zAKxclth.jpg

Pretty solid, especially for the $, except the intakes but who cares since they stay wide open anyway

41A4dAUh.jpg

Got the fire going

JO7e79Yh.jpg

Decided to keep it simple with Meat, Beer and Onions :becky: All sorts of cuts of beef from CAB to domestic and imported wagyu from Japan plus pork belly and pork butt slices.

N3LXtkGh.jpg

Durham Ranch

9Y5vMloh.jpg

peoCZjKh.jpg

The wagyu

lwlJCx6h.jpg

TjjgFu4h.jpg

t1VJg87h.jpg

Dipping sauces

uEEGjOFh.jpg

This stuff in particular is to die for :faint:

XQyfbuXh.jpg

Washed it down with beer :thumb:

5lTHvRQh.jpg

NTSb3Ivh.jpg

SlfWz8wh.jpg

6YglcwVh.jpg

m1TRctDh.jpg

u6riSBIh.jpg

The Mochi cream ice :confused: or ice cream at the end was the icing :clap2:

mKl0AMph.jpg

01FR8V3h.jpg

Pretty darn impressed with the grill. With a minimal load of charcoal it lasted about 3 hours. Being ceramic obviously helps and no heat radiation and just warm to the touch. Safe for tables (outside:-D). Keeper!

Thanks for looking!

I've been eyeballing those grills too. Looking forward to seeing how you like yours Neighbor!
Looks like a delicious feast!

I've been eyeballing those grills too. Looking forward to seeing how you like yours Neighbor!
Looks like a delicious feast!

Thanks Neighbor! A nice, fun kickback and enjoyed everyone anxiously waiting for their turn to "grill their own" :-D

Honestly I didn't expect much but for $30 but it exceeded my expectations. It's a nice little unit and being ceramic helps it being an open pit that is a fuel miser.

Thanks Neighbor! A nice, fun kickback and enjoyed everyone anxiously waiting for their turn to "grill their own" :-D

Honestly I didn't expect much but for $30 but it exceeded my expectations. It's a nice little unit and being ceramic helps it being an open pit that is a fuel miser.

Thanks for the info Sako. For that price, I might get a couple of them for small gatherings. :thumb:

Thanks for the info Sako. For that price, I might get a couple of them for small gatherings. :thumb:

Yup! Figured if I don't like it I'll give it to someone. Shoot, I've paid more for beer than that. :laugh: They've got the round one also. It's the size of a WGA except with thicker wall. Decent sized and does the job well.

I love Amazon pricing. I can buy that exact grill for $34 with free Prime 2 day shipping, or I can pay $134 with free 1-2 week shipping. I am pretty busy for the next week or two so maybe I will take the second option.

A friend of mine purchased the same grill. Based on his experience, do not allow it to get wet. it is a cool little design.

Just WOW neighbor!

I have meat envy :oops:

I know what you mean about spending more on Beer!

That's farking awesome, Sako! Where's the Japanese market where you got all that great meat?

We do need to have a little talk, though...

How many grills are you up to now? I really think you have a bit too many, so I'll take the Santa Maria. We'll be by to pick it up this weekend.

Thanks!

:mrgreen:

Some good looking eats.

I use to have one of those. I also took it to concerts and used it for tailgating. Good little grill.

i love yakiniku! where i am from in GA, there is a japanese place that serves it and it is awesome. when i moved out to tx, i went to every japanese place i could find. none of them served it and only one knew what i was talking about. the closest i've found out here is at ghengis grill(get the sliced beef then get two sauce cups. 1 with honey soy 1 with the chili paste(sambal oelek) and get steamed rice for your starch.

I like the cooker too but the meat selection is awesome!

Thanks for sharing Sako. :)

Back