THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Wanted to bbq this weekend but didn't have much time. I have also been wanting to start getting in on the Throwdowns lately but have not been able to. With the tubesteak Throwdown going on I knew this would be the perfect time to partake. Being born and raised in the Los Angeles area we have the LA Street dog. It is a bacon wrapped hot dog with a load of grilled onions and peppers cooked in bacon fat. It is topped with mayo, mustard and ketchup and a nice chile on the side. Avocado was supposed to be on there too but unfortunately no ripe cados at the market.

The dogs wrapped in bacon.

I did not get pics of the onions and peppers, completely forgot and in a rush. I know some of you are thinking mayo and ketchup on a dog is sacrilege but this is how it is served on the streets of LA and I wanted to stay true to the street dog. I used a bollio roll instead of a hot dog bun.

Thanks for looking!

Looks good. That's how the cook them outside the bars in Monterrey, Mexico. Everything gets nice and spicy after frying in the same oil as the jalapeños.

Damn its been awhile for me since ive had 1...Yes sir, Thats definitely an "L.A Street Dog". Never had with a bollio though. Will have to try that.

The Kitchen had something very similar ,they used those buns but sliced a sliver off each side,buttered ,toasted ,then put a split down the middle.Looked It looked interesting.Kinda like a New England type bun.Yours looks great.Avacados from Mexico!

Back