THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Some awesome pork cooks lately on the brethren got me in the mood like the title says

Got a pack of pork butt steaks for grilling so decided on marinating to taste test with different rubs that were home made, won, bought and gifted

x04bVM1h.jpg

Nicely marbled as pork shoulder usually is

ZxCxNRWh.jpg

Seasoned and vac-packed for quick marination

zPwPVXzh.jpg

Got the fire going

bUEmCk4h.jpg

Seasoned red taters to go on the gasser

J5Ntlcih.jpg

Steaks were ready for the grill after the marination process

IDROhKvh.jpg

Set up the JJ for a reverse sear

U1FhrQUh.jpg

Home made rubbed and marinated steaks went on first

b20ADYth.jpg

Beer time while the first batch cooks

eT0zNeBh.jpg

Time for searing

PfzXBLWh.jpg

Taters done

ymoMU9gh.jpg

Oh boy!

XupHtWnh.jpg

Close up

oVnZeokh.jpg

Moist and tender. WOW!!

YEmpP0Kh.jpg

Bp3RgHYh.jpg

That was good dinner on Good Friday

GwlMHKIh.jpg

Three of us and way too much food so we were too full to even taste the other steaks which was the initial plan

HtNcIGth.jpg

I've got a great idea for a leftover breakfast tomorrow AM :thumb:

3RMMvWUh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awesome cook as usual :clap2:

I've had mixed results with pork steaks, some were super moist and flavorful, others were good but fat didn't render enough so they were a little chewy :icon_blush:

Looks like I'll have to try them again :thumb:

Awesome cook as usual :clap2:

I've had mixed results with pork steaks, some were super moist and flavorful, others were good but fat didn't render enough so they were a little chewy :icon_blush:

Looks like I'll have to try them again :thumb:

Thanks bud!!

If it helps, I took these shoulder steaks to about 170* since shoulder is fatty plus very forgiving and reverse sear def helps rendering out the fat. Loin chops, loin, tenderloin etc I don't go more than 150* because they're very lean and dry out.

Thanks bud!!

If it helps, I took these shoulder steaks to about 170* since shoulder is fatty plus very forgiving and reverse sear def helps rendering out the fat. Loin chops, loin, tenderloin etc I don't go more than 150* because they're very lean and dry out.

Good looking out. I believe I probably undercooked them before and will take them up higher next time. Maybe this weekend :becky:

Great lookin' feast there Sako!

Seeing Southern Flavor rub was a blast from the past. I received some with a "Welcome to the Brethren" sticker on it (IIRC it was from Bill-Chicago) when I joined this site.

All I can say is WOW! It all looks fantastic, and knowing that those other steaks were waiting for me for breakfast, I would get up early!!! Nice job on the pics. Yesterday was my last "Fish Friday" for Lent, so I'll be back to my old carnivorous ways next week.

Sako, you have me thinking about your breakfast idea right now. Great cook.

Thanks Marty! All I can say it's going to be "wrapped":-D

Love pork steaks and yours look perfect! I've had great results using Butt Rub.

Thanks Gary! I absolutely love Bad Byron's butt rub. It's up there next to salt and pepper in my pantry, a must have since I use it for everything.

Great lookin' feast there Sako!

Seeing Southern Flavor rub was a blast from the past. I received some with a "Welcome to the Brethren" sticker on it (IIRC it was from Bill-Chicago) when I joined this site.

Thanks Charles! That's awesome and this was actually sent out along with a care package from Paul Shirley. I like it since I'm more into savory, salty than sweet.

I'm with Marty on that Breakfast piece, right about now.

Killer grub!

Thanks Marc! In the process of making breakfast.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW! It all looks fantastic, and knowing that those other steaks were waiting for me for breakfast, I would get up early!!! Nice job on the pics. Yesterday was my last "Fish Friday" for Lent, so I'll be back to my old carnivorous ways next week.

Thanks Ron! It's great to be back to the usual after lent for sure. It just tastes so much better.

What time do you say breakfast was again? Don't want to be late :-D

Lol, probably late for breakfast but you can def make dinner. :thumb:

Holy cow man that's so fantastic looking eats!!! I'm coming over to your place!!! I've got two racks of baby backs going on in a few minutes, with 2 chuck roasts for PSB without the stout

damn kid looks amazing as usual.... @ blazinfire it would take us a minute to get to ssv's crib from our location probably wouldn't be any left by the time you got there lol

Holy cow man that's so fantastic looking eats!!! I'm coming over to your place!!! I've got two racks of baby backs going on in a few minutes, with 2 chuck roasts for PSB without the stout

damn kid looks amazing as usual.... @ blazinfire it would take us a minute to get to ssv's crib from our location probably wouldn't be any left by the time you got there lol

Lol, That's what I told Kevin. Probably wouldn't make it for breakfast but you can make dinner. :thumb:

Those steaks look might delicious, Sako!

Somehow, and I'm not sure why, but I have this weird idea that there is going to be a breakfast burrito in your immediate future...

Back