Hog Wild Pig Crazy Cookoff

bob n humble

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum going to cook this one? Jill & I are thinking about driving over to Lake City from Texas to enter. Also would like to hear any comments about this cookoff good or bad. We have never cooked in a FBA cookoff before so any tips would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
www.tgcbca.org
www.humblelionsclub.com
Bob

Bob can you provide me with some information on this one sounds interesting?

Dustaway its on March 30-31th in Lake City Fla. It's a Florida BBQ Assoc event. The only No. I have is 386-758-5448. You can also go to FBA web site for more info. Jill Parents live close to Lake City thats why we are thinking about going. How did ya come out at the Humble Rodeo?
Bob

thanks bob I went to the web site last night I would like to do a FBA event, will be doing Hammond with Hurricane that weekend. got 11th in ribs

Hi Bob,
I've never been to that cookoff but in general the FBA cooks are fine. A lot like KCBS only no garnish but no foil either. Just lay it in the box. 8 pieces minimum instead of 6 and a little bit different scoring system, but you'll never know the difference. One hour between turn ins too.

hello bob

big daddy Q will be there, i've never done this event but i've heard good things..........look me up and let me see me what a TEXAS brisket taste like!

Dustaway,

I can't reply to your PM until you clean out your PM storage.

Thanks Ray. I take it the Chicken is just 8 pcs of any part of the bird you wish to turn in. Also the pork butt is just enough for 8 judges. I'm putting my order in to Hawgeyes next wk for the 10#er. Big Daddy will look ya up. thanks for the invite.
Dustaway 11th wasn't bad we had some real close scores all the categorys except the open.
Bob

Hey Bob rattle Mic's cage over at the Texas forum. He competes in Fla. I do believe.

bob n humble said:
Thanks Ray. I take it the Chicken is just 8 pcs of any part of the bird you wish to turn in. Also the pork butt is just enough for 8 judges. I'm putting my order in to Hawgeyes next wk for the 10#er. Big Daddy will look ya up. thanks for the invite.
Dustaway 11th wasn't bad we had some real close scores all the categorys except the open.
Bob

Yeah, 8 pieces and thighs rule.
Thanks for the order!

Thanks Ray. One other question if you don't mind. What is the FBA sauce rule? Can the suace be wet on the product or does it have to be cooked on like we have to do in our Texas events.
Bob

It can be wet, as long as it's on the meat. With the clean box you have to be careful about dripping though. It probably wouldn't get you dq'd, but it would look bad.
Good luck! The cooks over here are getting pretty darn good.

Back