Pilgrimage to the Promised Land (aka Shirley World) Complete! [with pics]

chet8888

Full Fledged Farker
I got up at way before sun up, went to 2 Home Depot's to find a workable trailer to rent, and then started the long drive from the Atl to Tuscaloosa. Got there just before lunch and met Paul, his wife, and his son-in-law (who is also named Tyler). What a wonderful bunch of folks they were. So kind and welcoming. And then there is the cooker. I still can't get over how great it is and how much attention to detail Paul shows. It is world class! They all took such care to get it loaded for me, and made sure it wasn't going to get damaged on the way back. Plus Paul gave me a bag of some delicious rub. It smells unbelievably good.

I didn't get any pics there (I was too busy looking at the cooker and talking), and I'm worn out from the drive and wrastling a trailer all over I-20 all day. But here are a few pics. Can't wait to season her and get to cooking!

14252921fb15f6a0b9f9be3ec5f6bdfd.jpg

2079e91f79f4dfa083224a517b9d8a25.jpg

509db310d86e0619d41fd61296467d53.jpg

2109d4a3f80ade8c41462bce688c160c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow she is a beauty, would love to make the pilgrimage to the mecca of cookers one day and meet Paul and company. CONGRATULATIONS on the new cooker.

Glad to see the pictures. My order is in and I was going to add the baffle from the fire box to the main chamber. I just could not wrap my head around how it would work. Now I see. I assume the daisy wheel if for a guru? Would be a great add on with the baffle I spoke of earlier. Could use the firebox and warmer as a set it and forget it charcoal burner if you wanted. Great to see. Now the wait for mine.

That's the perfect setup. Meeting the Shirley's is a nice bonus on top of getting one of the best cookers on the market. Congrats!

Back