Salmon and Beans

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Lousy weather so damp it felt it was misting and it was not. It was a good day. Smoked 2 3/4 lb of salmon that I got from Wegmans. Used Gore's cure. 1 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup kosher salt. Out of the cure

Brushed with maple syrup and added fresh Black pepper and on the Egg

Temps started at 155 and worked up to 175. Took 41/2 hours

While this was smoking I set up Wampus baked beans. I did too fatty's last weekend to make this

On the Egg for 3 1/2 hours at 250

I had to throw out everything in my freezer last weekend. This will help to begin to restock I had planned on doing pulled pork tonight but tomorrow supposed to be a wash. Maybe in two weeks
Thanks for looking

Looks Great George - sorry to hear you had to purge out the freezer, that would just kill me!

Killed me too. Had a lot of good stuff in there but o the bright side it was defrosted afterwards :grin:

Mighty fine looking grub , sucks about your freezer , it's one of my fears , do you have a recipe for the wampus beans ?

Mighty fine looking grub , sucks about your freezer , it's one of my fears , do you have a recipe for the wampus beans ?

Wampus is a Brethern. Go to page 3 of post that he started. It's under statistics of his public profile. I use 6 cans of beans- almost triple the recipe It is sooooo good- Award winning peach bourbon baked beans

Back