MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:54 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default We are now part of the Amazon Affiliate Program

As we were discussing in the comments section last week, we are working on ways to offset the increase of our server costs. The combined increase in Web and Database servers more than doubled our expenses and we need to come up with some options.

One of the ways we are trying to generate some revenue is to join some affiliate programs(thanks OferL for the idea).

First new affiliate we are in.. Amazon affiliates. So, if you folks would use our affiliate links when heading to Amazon, it may help keep our expenses in check and also help us to continue doing our cooks for veterans and others in need. Simply click the amazon affiliate links I've inserted on the upper menu bar, or the amazon banner ad (its in rotation with the other member ads) .

The supplied link will land you on a generic Amazon BBQ page, but you can move around normally once your there and do any shopping you want. It does not have to be a BBQ Product.

Its just first step and a way to offset our costs. Not sure what it will add up to, but its a start. I'm also working on other avenues to cover our expenses and make up for the cost increases.

Quote:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (23.1 KB, 3283 views)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Geez only 4600 notifications?

Must be a slow day

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-06-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

My wife keeps Amazon in business judging by all the "prime" boxes we receive. I'll be sure to let her know all purchases should go through this link.....
Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

I'll get on wifey when she gets home.

The 2019 Carolina Bash April 6th Kings Mountain State Park
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=266648

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
NickTheGreat
is One Chatty Farker

Good stuff! I'll keep this in mind for the future.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #6
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninnewjersey View Post
My wife keeps Amazon in business judging by all the "prime" boxes we receive. I'll be sure to let her know all purchases should go through this link.....
https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xde...&creative=9325

If you didnt already know....kinda a nice program
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
rdstoll
is one Smokin' Farker

One suggestion to all Brethren -

If you're like me, you hate to see ads as you surf the web and have installed an Adblocker to your web browser or to Safari on your iPhone/iPad. When ads are blocked, the website doesn't receive any revenues.

I would highly suggest that you WHITELIST this website so that ads ARE allowed. This will ensure that revenue-raising efforts like this WORK for our gracious hosts and keep subscription costs down.

May 2014 Shirley Fabrication 24x65" Cabinet model trailer pit with warmer

Kamado Joe "Big Joe"

Very ugly UDS
Weber Performer
rdstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Geez only 4600 notifications?

Must be a slow day
Majority of those are reports from the server log and spam attack notices. I get hundreds a day. I can tell by title which need attention.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 01-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstoll View Post

If you're like me, you hate to see ads as you surf the web and have installed an Adblocker to your web browser or to Safari on your iPhone/iPad. When ads are blocked, the website doesn't receive any revenues.

I would highly suggest that you WHITELIST this website so that ads ARE allowed. This will ensure that revenue-raising efforts like this WORK for our gracious hosts and keep subscription costs down.
Yup - I didn't really think about the fact that my adblocker was also blocking ads from this site, so I disabled ad blocker for here. This is a good spot and it requires and deserves support from those who use it.

So far I'm 2 James Brown CD's in on the affiliate deal...
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #10
cueball21
Babbling Farker

I clicked on the adblocker icon on my Firefox screen and got a drop down menu with an option that read "Disable on bbq-brethren.com" then clicked it to disable the blocker. It now shows that line with a check mark. I hope I did it right. I couldn't find an option to view a white list; so I'm uncertain if I've got it.

Maybe someone who knows more about it can tell me.

Old Country Brazos Stick Burner, MES 40, Weber Performer, Weber OTG, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe Mini-WSM, AMNPS, AMNTS, Maverick ET901 and ET 73 and ET-732, Vortex
cueball21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #11
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstoll View Post

I did this quite a while ago, the ads are quite pleasant and appropriate.
I have noticed that, after someone posts a scantily-clad woman pic or video, marriageable women from China and Eastern Block nations ads appear. Nothing racy, though.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #12
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Great idea! Kudos to OferL too.
I'll spread the word among my friends and family.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #13
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
I'll get on wifey when she gets home.
I cant be the only one who read this out of context

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #14
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
I cant be the only one who read this out of context
Lol, nope.

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #15
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball21 View Post
I clicked on the adblocker icon on my Firefox screen and got a drop down menu with an option that read "Disable on bbq-brethren.com" then clicked it to disable the blocker. It now shows that line with a check mark. I hope I did it right. I couldn't find an option to view a white list; so I'm uncertain if I've got it.

Maybe someone who knows more about it can tell me.
yup.. thats how you do it...

and BTW...
Occasional taps on those ads help too. :)

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM