when you don't have a tailgate...throwdown food on the hood of my wrangler...

Free Mr. Tony

is Blowin Smoke!
I was bored today so I threw some items together for the tailgate throwdown. I made a new chipotle/cocoa/coffee rub, and it turned out fantastic. Seasoned a nicely marbled Chuck roast with it.

Smoked on the egg most of the day, and threw some pig shots on for the last couple hours.

Made some corned beef cheese ball dip out of some homemade corned beef I sliced last night. Also added some carmelized onion from soup I made for dinner last night. Added that to cream cheese, along with pepperjack, provolone, and sour cream. Very tasty on crackers.

Sliced the Chuck roast to make knockoff sliders from a local restaurant. Beef, chili mayo, crispy onions, and blue cheese. These were The Star of the show.

Final plate. Back right corner is a wedge salad with homemade Gorgonzola dressing.

Tony, I know you weren't just going for "Jeep Thrills" with your spread...

... but you folks up at IPFW sure know how to tailgate! *chuckle*

It all looks delicious, but now you've got my head on the cheeseball side of the house... can't wait for the Holidays.

Tony, I know you weren't just going for "Jeep Thrills" with your spread...

... but you folks up at IPFW sure know how to tailgate! *chuckle*

It all looks delicious, but now you've got my head on the cheeseball side of the house... can't wait for the Holidays.

Yeah, the mastodons know how to tailgate for sure. I actually went there. About 6 years to get almost but not quite four year degree. Not bad...

That spread is a beautiful sight. Also the picture of your egg with the trees in the background looks like it is from a magazine. Such a beautiful setup.

Back