The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 01-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Great to meet the Brethren at Banquet

After a very long and difficult Board meeting I walked into the bar at the Clarion, only to be greeted by so many friends from the Brethren, whom I had never met before. During the BOD meeting, I wondered about the BOD and the job. Then I began to meet the members of the Brethren. You all are not only supportive, but great to meet and become someone I can call my friend. Thank you very much. It was truly my pleasure to meet each of you.

Yours in BBQ
Merl
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
bbqbull

Downloads: 1

Merl, Thank you for all you do by serving on the BOD. Thank you to all the Brethren Brothers that attended the meetings also.. I was unable to attend but I would love to shake each and everybodys hands for attending. From serving on a few boards, I know what a frustrating and thank less job it turns into it seems at times. I know some folks had to travel a very long ways to attend.

Mike

KC I miss your advice.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for a great job, Merl. You are great on the board! See you soon!

Arlie
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlieque
Thanks for a great job, Merl. You are great on the board! See you soon!

Arlie
As you know I am only one. But there are many on the board who see the vision, and not the "old ways". I hope the elections will further our vision.
Thank you Arlie.
Merl
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ditto for me, Merl. You are a class guy and cooker friendly. Keep up the good work.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Great seeing you again Merl. Thanks for taking an active roll.

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
scottyd
is One Chatty Farker

Yes I have to say it was good to meet all of you. at the banquet. I had a great time. Todd it was good to see you and Randy. Phil great to finally get to see you. and Andy as well. Now Wayne I just say you from afar, but I heard something about (security) visits every 10 minutes?>?? Hey and I can not forget Jeff.

Ray Dr BBQ glad to meet you as well, and I hope you like the wine that my friend John (parrothead smokers) gave you Friday night.
[B]STUMPS 223[/B]
[B]STUMPS CLASSIC[/B]
[B]STUMPS PLATNUM BEING BUILT NOW[/B]
[B]WEBER KETTLE GOLD[/B]
[B]YOUR SILENCE WILL NOT SAVE YOU[/B]
scottyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Scotty - I enjoyed picking your brain on the hows/wheres to get heat in rubs even. And after we wore out security....we toasted you at about 2:30am in Chris Early's room -- He found a couple of your lab test bags of Jack Links he siad you had shared several contests ago - so we busted them open and chowed down. Gotta love that!!!

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd
Yes I have to say it was good to meet all of you. at the banquet. I had a great time. Todd it was good to see you and Randy. Phil great to finally get to see you. and Andy as well. Now Wayne I just say you from afar, but I heard something about (security) visits every 10 minutes?>?? Hey and I can not forget Jeff.

Ray Dr BBQ glad to meet you as well, and I hope you like the wine that my friend John (parrothead smokers) gave you Friday night.
Scott, Let us know when you are headed back down this way for comp or whatever. Definately would like to hook back up with you again.

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
scottyd
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoDeDo
Scotty - I enjoyed picking your brain on the hows/wheres to get heat in rubs even. And after we wore out security....we toasted you at about 2:30am in Chris Early's room -- He found a couple of your lab test bags of Jack Links he siad you had shared several contests ago - so we busted them open and chowed down. Gotta love that!!!
Not bad, hope it was good, as ya gotta spread the love or the jerky. You know I thought I heard something up on the 14th floor. hahaha

thanks Scotty d
[B]STUMPS 223[/B]
[B]STUMPS CLASSIC[/B]
[B]WEBER KETTLE GOLD[/B]

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #11
scottyd
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy
Scott, Let us know when you are headed back down this way for comp or whatever. Definately would like to hook back up with you again.
I will be at the North Kansas city contest, Osage City, and Sugar Creek. for now those are the ones in that area I am paid for already.

Scotty d
[B]STUMPS 223[/B]
[B]STUMPS CLASSIC[/B]
[B]WEBER KETTLE GOLD[/B]

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

I'll see you at Osage for sure... I might play b*tch for Todd @ Sugar Creek if it closes before I scrap together funds to enter. (which typically happens) I just don't see me goin back to warsaw this year.... but ya never know

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #13
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd
I will be at the North Kansas city contest, Osage City, and Sugar Creek. for now those are the ones in that area I am paid for already.

Scotty d
See you at Sugar Creek!!! We'll be there.

Unread 01-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl
Then I began to meet the members of the Brethren. ....
My brain is still trying to absorb the events of this weekend. what a great time! I, too, started meeting Brethren from about the moment I walked in to Paddy O'Quigleys. I had the pleasure of chatting with many of the Brethren's KC Chapter (is that right?) and really felt welcomed by everyone. (JeffinKC, MoKan, HoDeDo, Merl...too many to list) Thanks!

ALSO, the five of us who flew out from New England had decided not to get our own table...so we were scattered about the banquet. (It was my pleasure to invade the Rocky Mountain BBQ tables and they made me feel quite at home immediately) We weren't too sure if this would work out but, I have to say, I am glad we did that. We ALL got to meet new people and exchange ideas and info about our respective parts of the country. It worked out FAR better than we had hoped and now we have the opportunity to keep in touch and maintain these new BBQ friendships until we can meet up with them again somewhere down the long BBQ road.

I am already looking forward to our first roadtrip to the Royal this year when I can introduce y'all to my man and my lunchmates.

If anyone makes it out to New England this year, please look us up! I will happily pay you back for your genuine hospitality!

lunchlady

p.s.
Hey 512 ... Chris and Shannon?...can I get the plans for that margarita maker? Thanks so much for having us~!
good times... good times
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #15
MoKanMeathead
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Merl - it was good to see you as well as the rest of the Brethren. Scotty, I don't know nuthin about no security. Phil, Ray, LunchLady, Bubba, Jeff, Mark/Becky, and all of the out-of-towners, hope you all had safe flights/drives backhome
MoKanMeathead is offline   Reply With Quote