THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
A local grocery store had pork tenderloins on sale last week so we bought the limit of 5 for the freezer. I pulled one out yesterday to that for tonight's dinner.

Jamaican Jerked Pork Tenderloin ala Phrasty on a bed of Chayote Lime Salsa

Here is the victim :-D

28891463816_f9fc20e054_c.jpg

I put together one of Phrasty's Jerk Marinades...

6 Spring Onions (escallion)
1-3 Scotch Bonnet peppers (Depending on how hot you want it.)
2 tsp Allspice berries or 1 tsp ground allspice (Pimento)
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp brown sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup cane vinegar or distilled (white) malt vinegar
1 tbsp oil

Blended it and poured it over the tenderloin in a zipper bag and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours...

28891465206_94416dceb8_c.jpg

I didn't have any pimento wood to cook the tenderloin so I put some pimento berries (allspice) in the fire and fresh time on the grate to give the tenderloin a little more flavor.

28891466836_6f2324de1f_c.jpg

I started it out indirect and once it hit 125 internal I seared the outside and brought it up to 140 internal and rested it.

I served it on a bed of Chayote Lime Salsa and some fresh lime wedges.

28891467376_254d87911f_c.jpg

Last edited:
That's some mighty fine looking pork tenderloin, Ron! Which grill did you cook it on?

Simply awesome looking cook, Ron!

I've had some thighs marinating in jerk seasoning in the fridge for a few days now. Planned to cook it Tues night, but the non-stop rain won't give us a break on the west coast of FL. Hopefully tomorrow will work out.

I do the same thing with whole allspice in the coals for smoke. Next time I'll try that Phrasty's jerk marinate. Thanks!

Edit: Where do you source the scotch bonnets? I've been using Walkerswood scotch bonnet pepper sauce as a substitute for fresh peppers.

Back