Meatloaf on the offset!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey everyone. Its smitty's fault this happened! Here's the meatloaf BUDDY! :laugh:

IMG_1303_zpsnif6jxlx.jpg

I put on corn on the cob and potato's above the meatloaf. Plenty of room in this smoker! I think I will start running two water pans side by side. I think that will even out the temps better. Anything above the water pan is dead on with the river country temp gauge.

IMG_1304_zpssghkiayj.jpg

I let the meatloaf cook for a little while before adding the ketchup topping.

IMG_1305_zpsybofox2n.jpg

Here's an action shot of the firebox! Thing cooks good!
IMG_1306_zpsnisoaflz.jpg

Meatloaf after pulling from the smoker!
IMG_1307_zpszgqvnsxr.jpg

IMG_1309_zpspoeuovj5.jpg

f34634e7-a8ef-42df-a2fc-b8c608ade00d_zpsfxnqlnkg.jpg

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Thanks for looking. Loving the new smoker!

Last edited:
Btw here's the recipe for the meatloaf.

1 Chopped green pepper,
1 Chopped onion,
1 pack of saltine crackers.
3 eggs
Garlic powder (I just add how ever much I want)
2.5lb ground chuck.
Add some salt and pepper.

I guess this is a K.I.S.S meatloaf! I add a layer of ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.

That's some really good looking meatloaf. I've said that if anyone ever eats a smoked meatloaf, they will never put one in the oven again. It's one of my very favorites.

That's some really good looking meatloaf. I've said that if anyone ever eats a smoked meatloaf, they will never put one in the oven again. It's one of my very favorites.

Ill come over to dinner, yumm

Wish I could have some left for ya! But its all gone! This was excellent. Best meatloaf I've ever made at least. I think this was my first real meatloaf in the smoker. I made a mushroom/cheese stuffed meatloaf one time.

Very nice! Love smoked meatloaf! Like Joe Black said, you will never eat an oven cooked one again!

Everyone that ate it is still raving about it so it must of been good!

Oh Ya.! :clap2: try a 50/50 -Ketchup/A1 steak sauce glaze next time. Mmmmmmmm

Thanks smitty, I'll have to try that next time. I also considered BBQ sauce? Wanna do a stuffed meatloaf soon too.

Oh yeah can't wait to make a smoked meatloaf, thanks for sharing your cook.

Looks great, if you don't mind... At what temperature did you cook it? For how long? What temperature did you pull it out at?

Looks delish mate, I can come over anytime for a feed

Looks great, if you don't mind... At what temperature did you cook it? For how long? What temperature did you pull it out at?

I want to say 250-275 for 2 - 2 1/2 hours? I pulled it when IT was 160+. With my new smoker temps are up and down. I haven't quite figured out exact temps to follow and all that stuff yet! I pretty much just cook til the foods done.

Smoked meatloaf is in the favorite group at our house every time.

I love meatloaf. I've had some horrible meatloaf. The way I make it is perfect IMO. I don't like a lot of ketchup, tomato based products in my meatloaf. I like meat, onions, green peppers, and seasonings.

Back