oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
boatnut
is One Chatty Farker

Default kicked up scalloped 'taters

Made a nice whole ham on the smoker using a recipe from bradley smoker website. basic paste then glazed with a maple/bourbon/dijon sauce..very tastey!
I decided to make some scalloped 'taters to go with it. Found 3 or 4 recipes on the web and decided to do kind of a "fusion" thing , using a little of this n that from each recipe. I used smoked gouda cheese combined with some parmesan and sharp cheddar..also used a can of green chili's and threw in some chopped up roasted garlic then topped with panko bread crumbs.
I got rave reviews on them, but a few people commented they were "kinda hot". I thought that was odd...since green chili's are pretty durn mild. After dinner , I got to checking..appears I grapped a can of diced jalopeno's in lieu of the green chili's! oh well..they did turn out great!

GOSM smoker (gas)
Masterbuilt (electric)
Weber Kettle
Weber Gasser (2)
Weber WSM

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
Q_Egg
is One Chatty Farker

I like the sound of those taters. We did a more basic version but with caramelized onions, finished with a deglaze of aged balsamic vinegar, topped with grated pepper jack. The smoked gouda and panko sound like a great twist! That's a nice complement to the ham.
GMG_Daniel Boone _ pellets only
Big Green Egg _ Large _ need high heat
Broilmaster D3 'natural' gasser
[I]CB Bandera .. hooked me
Traeger Texas 075 spoiled me[/I][/FONT]
Q_Egg is offline   Reply With Quote