THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phillip
"MERRY CHRISTMAS HONEY!:-D Now "Hamlit" (the Assassin 28) won't feel lonely..lol"

This woman is simply amazing! If you knew my former wife/life you would understand, or maybe you can already relate. She came with me to a contest a few years ago and decided that if this is what makes me happy (besides her) then she wants to be a member of the team:clap2: and be with me. I have cooked on many cookers lately, but have settled down with my Assassin 28. I usually take a pellet cooker "just in case" or use it for higher heat cooker, particularly chicken. But, around here there are a few contests with no power and I just don't feel like getting the generator yet, so I have been eye-balling the Assassin grill, not really expecting to get it. I was happy with the idea of someday getting the standard model, but then saw they could stretch it from 30" to 48". This works for me, as I like to cook racer-style pigs and a cooker this size will allow for me to do so (medium sized ones of course). It will also allow for bigger meats.

My wife knows that I like cookers with options. This is to say that I want to be able to grill and smoke on the same unit if needed. So, instead of a side pull-out coal/water/ash pan, she opted for a front loading, split version. There are two slide out shelves.

For ease of travel and cost savings for shipping, the shelves on the outside are removable.

To say that I was surprised in an understatement. I cannot wait until next week when it arrives, oh wait I mean he arrives. She named him Othello Von Porkanhagen:becky:

She loves horses, so I'm afraid of what's ahead...ha ha

Wow. That looks awesome. Go hug your wife tell her how lucky you are to have an understanding wonderful woman like her.

You better get her one heck of great present.

Nice cooker! Can't wait to see some Pron!

Wow. That looks awesome. Go hug your wife tell her how lucky you are to have an understanding wonderful woman like her.

You better get her one heck of great present.

Nice cooker! Can't wait to see some Pron!
Thanks! She did good:) LOL! Tru dat!

I'm going to say that I have a great wife as well (I upgraded too), but she would not even know where to start with a custom pit build. Your wife is one of a kind, congrats on both the pit and the wife!

I'm going to say that I have a great wife as well (I upgraded too), but she would not even know where to start with a custom pit build. Your wife is one of a kind, congrats on both the pit and the wife!
thanks! Get her involved....as much as possible. My wife is so observant with stuff like this. Of course it helps I talk about it constantly..ha ha
Congrats. You need to give her a kiss someplace special... like Paris.
Ha ha you know it!

Brother give her a huge hug from me!!!

Will do brother :thumb:

Back