The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Greenberg Smoked Turkeys?

Any of you Texas brethren hear of these guys in Tyler? Saw a spot on Food Network with these guys, all they do is smoked turkey 4 months out of the year and have a TWO YEAR waiting list for turkeys They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. debating ordering one just to see what there like.

www.gobblegobble.com

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
SP
is one Smokin' Farker

I dont care how good a turkey is, I dont know if it worth a 2 year wait. I'd move next door and say we only have a 1 year wait.

[COLOR=#0000ff]2 Homemade Smokers (1 for Sale) [URL]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/123sauced/Smoker.jpg[/URL][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Weber Kettle[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Brinkmann Smoke n Pitt[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Charbroil Gasser[/COLOR]
SP is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
thillin
somebody shut me the fark up.

Even their mail ordered turkeys taste great. Their is always a line down the street during turkey times. They got a big boost when George W. started sending them to world leaders, and Oprah mentioned them on her show. My father-in-law usually gets one delivered from Ross Perot each Christmas.

When they're delivered, they're partially frozen in an insulated box with instructions. They do get left on the porch by the delivery man if no one is home.
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
Ty
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #4
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

Yep, I lived in Tyler for a while. Don't think I ever had one though.

Unread 11-14-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
FatDad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq
Any of you Texas brethren hear of these guys in Tyler? Saw a spot on Food Network with these guys, all they do is smoked turkey 4 months out of the year and have a TWO YEAR waiting list for turkeys They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. debating ordering one just to see what there like.

www.gobblegobble.com
Hell yea !!
3 years ago UPS deliverd one to my house.
I thought WTF ??
It was my address but not my name. I called them and they tracked down the order and it went to some people that lived in the next block.
my address is 1815 there addy is 1715.
Being Thanksgiving time of year and the type of guy I am...I took the
bird down there knocked on the door and told them that this was delivered to my house by mistake and that it should have been delivered there.
The guy looks at me and says "Who are you?" I told him I lived up the street in the next block and told him my name. He said "I didn't order
anything from those people" I said that maybe someone had sent it as a gift. He told me to take the damn thing because he didn't want it.

Guess what....That was a good tastin' sumbiotch !!

The reason I love this site: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=59061

3 WSM's
Weber Kettle w/ rotisserie
Weber Genesis
2 Turkey Fryers
FatDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #6
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDad
Hell yea !!
3 years ago UPS deliverd one to my house.
I thought WTF ??
It was my address but not my name. I called them and they tracked down the order and it went to some people that lived in the next block.
my address is 1815 there addy is 1715.
Being Thanksgiving time of year and the type of guy I am...I took the
bird down there knocked on the door and told them that this was delivered to my house by mistake and that it should have been delivered there.
The guy looks at me and says "Who are you?" I told him I lived up the street in the next block and told him my name. He said "I didn't order
anything from those people" I said that maybe someone had sent it as a gift. He told me to take the damn thing because he didn't want it.

Guess what....That was a good tastin' sumbiotch !!
Mike did it have a real heavy smoke flavor to it? Seeing them on tv with the rub they put on it the bird looked almost black. How do they package it suggest re-heating it?

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
FatDad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq
Mike did it have a real heavy smoke flavor to it? Seeing them on tv with the rub they put on it the bird looked almost black. How do they package it suggest re-heating it?
Very good smoke flavor almost like a ham.
The skin had a thick bark and the bird was vacuum packed in
a thick plastic.

The reason I love this site: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=59061

3 WSM's
Weber Kettle w/ rotisserie
Weber Genesis
2 Turkey Fryers
FatDad is offline   Reply With Quote