The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #31
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here in Lakeland, it's the same but a the SuperWalMart, I can find excel packers all the time. We have a large migrant population and the mexican style foods and lower cuts of meat are fairly easy to find. Just not at the Sam's Club here in town. They're getting ready to open one just down the road from my house around the start of the year and I'll check to see if they have anything different there compared to the one that's in the more"upscale" area.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #32
WalterSC
Knows what a fatty is.

Dang son you need to move south , here in South Carolina at Sams they have briskets, ribs , butts, etc. ( I perfer the butts bone in type myself , cause you know its done when that bone just slides out and is clean ).
PIT MASTER TEAM SQUEEL APPEAL
Backyard BBQer
55 gallon drum smoker with side fire box
2- Weber Smokey Moutain Smokers
Kenmore propane grill
King Cooker outdoor fryer
WalterSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2006, 01:59 AM   #33
Single Fin Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Our Sams here in Foutain Valley just closed, so they could open a newer one with sh***er customer service right next door.
The only problem I've had is that they only put out pre-trimmed briskets. You have ring the button and wait for the dip ****s in white to request an untrimmed one. They always get so pissed that you asked them to walk to the back of the meat locker to get the untrimmed one, then they hand it to you they give this attitude like "....why do you want the fat on it?....".
Single Fin Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #34
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Default Gotem in Flint!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbull
Went to Sams Club today to p/u 2 brisket flats and 2 pork butts for deer camp. Was planning on smoking them tomorrow and chilling for deer camp for chili and pulled pork sammies. Sams Club meat dept. mgr told me ..............your the third person today who wanted brisket and butts today. I aske why they didnt have any and they told me. We were told not to order them as their not in season now. WTF? Went and checked out, stopped by customer srvcs. Asked them why no briskets? They said whats a brisket? OMG now im really getting miffed. They said go back to meat dept. and talk to mgt. I told them I did and was sent here. Ladies said hey we dont know what to tell ya. I said isnt this cust. services? They said yes so I asked to speak w/store manager. He isnt here. I said ok and probably wont renew my membership. They told me to go and fill out a complaint card and stuff it in the bitch box. I did but doubt if I will go back after my card expires. I realize im up here in Michigan but is this the norm in the warmer sections of the county while we freeze our arses off during the winter months? Just wondering here and thanks for any comments. Sure am gonna miss my brisket chili.

Mike
Hey Mike,

We have them in Flint, I just picked one up this weekend, a brisket that is. They also have Tri-Tip every day so that is a bonus as well. Let me know and I can pick you up 1 or 2.

Mike
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Ranch Kettle,Weber Performerl
Certified Moink Baller
President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #35
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck
Up here in NY we have Sams, Costco and BJ's, none of them have brisket and butts at any time of the year
maybe not on the Island but I am upstate and can get them at Sams or at least could during the the summer, havent tried ina few months.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #36
Nitrofly
is one Smokin' Farker

Question

Sam's is owned by Walmart and last winter I was in Walmart
looking for Ketchup. after searching for a good while, thinking
that I'm blind.. I asked one of the employee's and was told that
Ketchup was out of season.. they only sell Ketchup in the summer.
So I guess nothing about Walmart or Sams would shock me..
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
2 WSM more of a good thing
Brinkman offset
Backwoods competitor
Weber Performer
22' weber kettle w/rottiserie
17" table top weber kettle & weber smokey joe.
Nitrofly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #37
mbowker641
Full Fledged Farker

I was at the south Lansing Sam's yesterday. They had briskets, ribs and butts.
mbowker641 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #38
bbqbull

Downloads: 1

No chit? Southside store had em. Guess I went to the wrong place then. Opps forgot I went to the high society Sams Club. I go to the other one as its closer to me. Guess I will head s.e. next time I get a wild hair up my nose for brisket chili. Thanks mbowker641.

Mike

KC I miss your advice.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #39
gman
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck
Up here in NY we have Sams, Costco and BJ's, none of them have brisket and butts at any time of the year

Actually, I have noticed that the COSTCO in Melville has had a fairly consistant supply of brisket flats since the holidays in September. Haven't seen too many (if any) butts other than in my local King Kullen, and even that has been inconsistant.

WSM
Brinkmann Smoke-n-Pit
BBQ-Brethren

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
gman is offline   Reply With Quote