HURRY! ENDS SOON: Discussion Thread -> "F.U.B.U.!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."For us, By Us!"

1558232_R2Egg2Q.jpg

This was R2Egg's winning entry in the "By Brethren, for Brethren" TD

As chosen by DUBBAGA for winning the "Cook it Like Cowgirl, Part 2!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

DUBBAGA said:
My idea is to celebrate the various people and businesses here at the BBQ Brethren. The only requirement is to incorporate one/multiple products made or sold by a member here. This could be include rubs, sauces, smokers, etc etc etc.

Somewhere in the entry it must clearly show which Brethren you are representing.

If any foreign Brethren are unable to obtain a qualifying item, you will be permitted to use Biggie's Foil Hat Rub (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=103989) or Moose's Top Secret Chicken Rub #2 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=137123)

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/18 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/28/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/28/15

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please accept this as my entry in the FUBU TD. This brisket was cooked by me for 4 other brethren (ChicagoKP, OIFMarine, TuscaloosaQ and GSXR600R). I cooked it on my Shirley Fabrication smoker made by TuscaloosaQ, and seasoned it with Pitmaster T's Dirty Dalmation rub recipe. There were also ribs seasoned with SM Spicy Apple and Oakridge HDD, a fatty with SM Pecan, and Beef ribs seasoned with Bovine Bold.

Here are the cook details. The brisket shows up around page 5.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217833

Last edited:
I am rolling with a crappy image of a great piece of meat...
point1_zpsoroumrbi.jpg

The brisket was cooked with a combination of my own well documented SPOG rub, layered with a coating of Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy. The sweet umami sprinkle was made with Red Boat Fish Sauce, which was imported by Smokejumper. When it was eaten, some Big Butz Cranberry sauce was added to some of the slices.

Bob, Is this an entry? I don't see a picture here??

But when I use my imagination, it looks really nice!

EDIT, I see it now... I switched browsers, I remembered your photo bucket issues.. I may go ahead and repost this image to insure everyone sees it for voting.

Here is Bob's brisket for those of you using firefox..

Bob, if this is an issue or your image isn't showing up to your liking, please let me know.

Last edited:
Please accept this as my official entry into the F.U.B.U. Throwdown.

Started with some Crazy Chicken Rub From Brother Don Marco.

Spatchcocked and rubbed down with some toasted sesame oil. Plowboys Yardbird provided another layer of flavor.

Ready for the smoker.

Sitting pretty on the Weber WSM

Up to temp and rolling smoke!

Life's a breeze with the BBQ Quru and the Pit Viper fan!

About 2 hours in and she's ready to pull.

Taking a little rest in the kitchen

Crispy skin and deliciousness

And my final plating and polling pic if you please.

Whatta come back.

Now you just gotta fix your dome therm, goiin real low and slow these days?

:laugh:

My entry into the FUBU throwdown please

Hey all. I had a real nice Prime Rib of Pork that I purchased from Snake River Farms, and have been waiting for a good chance to use it.

I started by placing the roast in a honey, ginger, garlic and apple juice brine for about 24 hours, removed, rinsed, and seasoned up with Killer Bee (chipotle) seasoning from Kosmos Q. The plan was to cook it indirect on my Weber Kettle at around 225-250, with apple wood for smoke, to an IT of approx 130, rest, and then sear prior to serving.

I also made up some roasted potato's, carrots, brussel sprouts and onions. I oiled these up and seasoned with Simply Marvelous Season All. Roasted all of this on the Smokey Joe.

A few pics;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20054_zpsrtpypvxt.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20075_zpsyzqzm06b.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20081_zps4ke0o5cu.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20090_zpscvbk5aci.jpg

Please use the following pic for my polling pic;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20088_zpsf1q301a7.jpg

If you get the opportunity to try the Kurobuta pork from SRF, give it a try, it is a great product, just as the rubs from Kosmos Q and Simply Marvelous are great as well, and really worked well for this cook.

You can see the full cook here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218031

Thanks for looking.

Keep on Qing,

KC

This was a great idea for a TD! It's nice to feature all these great brethren products.

I also did a spatchcocked chicken, one of my favorite things to make on a lazy Sunday. I used Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple rub on the chicken. It's a great rub, and goes really well on chicken. The combination of sweet apple and hot pepper is great.

Here is the chicken and the rub before cooking.
3166.jpg

Please use this as my entry picture.
3183.jpg

The full cook thread is here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3366716

Back