THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Not Bad but I need to learn me a thick wet batter like corndog batter instead of Zatarans Fish Fry.........

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
nobody can say you are afraid to try something a little different. I bet you are right about the corn dog batter working better.

SmittyJonz
Looks like a winner to me. I would be neck deep in it. Don't know if you need this or not, but here is a killer batter. You make it as thick as you want by re dipping.
Ingriedants for the wet mix:
1 cup milk.
1 cup beer.
4 raw eggs.
Beat the 4 eggs and combine with the milk and beer.
For the dry mix:
2 cups cornmeal.
2 cups corn flour.
1 cup cornstarch.
Mix these 5 cups together well and salt and pepper to taste.
When ready to use, dip your meat in the dry mix first and shake of the excess. Then dip it in the wet mix and then dip in the dry mix again. You can repeat this over and over making the batter thicker and thicker if you chose. However I find that after the dip in dry, the dip in the wet and then the dry again is usually more than sufficient. We use this exact batter for all of our seafood. It's excellent in my opinion.

I always find buttermilk works best and a wet/dry batter. When I fry seafood, I soak in buttermilk then make a wet better, similar to the consistency of pancake batter (i use beer as the liquid in the wet batter). Dredge product in dry then wet and then dry again.

Back