THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smokin' Greene

Take a breath!
Here is my Assassin grill.
IMG_2559.jpg
It finally arrived on 7/8, but I was out of town. I got home late Saturday, and brought it to my house on Sunday. Sprayed her down with PAM, and seasoned for 4 hours and then cooked burgers.
IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg
I will keep adding to this review, which has not even start later. Just got a call I have to go, but here are som epictures for your viewing pleasure.:biggrin1:

Nice!!!! Wish I'm really diggin these but no more room to park in the backyard. :bekcy:

I want one! I think it would go beautifully with my Assassin 28:-D Looking forward to more pron.

As y'all can see I made a few changes, I did away with the side shelf and had a 12" (instead of a 10") removable front shelf. I did not want the wood trim, but I wanted a bottom shelf so expanded metal on the bottom.

IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg

One of the features that I really like is there is a place for the water pan or heat deflector pan to be stored.

Pull the cooking grates out and take a picture pointing down to the water pan then the Charcoal pan. :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice larger upper cooking area.
IMG_2567.jpg

Plenty of room on lower cooking grate.
IMG_2568.jpg

One of the thing I don't love is the piano hinges. I am just not a fan. They like to seize up, but I will keep them lubricated and well used.
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

1st cook was burgers, I loaded with a chimney of charcoal and let it burn down for about 4 hours, and then I loaded with another chimney to cook the burgers.
Temperature shot up with one full chimney. There will be a learning curve. During the seasoning process I put the water pan in as a heat diverter and it lower the temp on the thermometer by about 100*. It is going to be a very versatile cooking machine. Hot and fast, direct, indirect, low and slow, water or no water, adjustable cooking heights, two levels of cooking.
IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

I'm thinkin with a charcoal maze and chunks distributed throughout it would cook a pretty good brisket Butts & Ribs......

Back