THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beast Drinker

Full Fledged Farker
Farkin big Sammich throwdown entrant, bad as my pics may be... Didn't really wanna walk into battle of the noobs without at least trying to post pics here one time. PLEASE don't think that this is my A1 effort, I just kinda well, thought about it for about 15 seconds and said hey, why don't I make a humongous McRib. I work nights, action shots weren't possible the "rack" was cooked on the WSM in fatty fashion.

SUNP0020_zpsdezhjevs.jpg

Seasoned with Tony Chachere's, hey I had it...
SUNP0021_zpsuh7vp4di.jpg

Wanted a real deal WSM pic but it's dark and my camera has no flash but this should show it's a big farkin sammich I mean a 14 inch loaf of bread with 2 lbs of pork.... I tried to eat half, didn't make it...
SUNP0022_zpsp9m4gf7q.jpg

And with bad lighting will attempt to show how properly I cooked it , don't know why I am bothering...
SUNP0023_zpsizx5ohgy.jpg

Either how yonder is the McMondo McRib... It was the culmination of 15 maybe 16 seconds of thought on my part and a couple hours on the WSM, I was gonna direct grill it but I was scared I'd burn myself and waste 2 lbs of ground pork. Don't worry nothing but the finest ingredients available at Walmart at Midnight were used... I wanted to be as authentic as possible.

Oh dang none of them pics are very good so I guess submit picture 3... If you allow this.

Last edited:
Nice! Glad to see you jumped right in. I'd tear into that sammy!

Couple of things... When you enter a throwdown, you want to put your entry into the entry thread, those can be found here - LINKY - The throwdowns have their own little subforum. The active Throwdown threads are stickied.

Secondly, here's a link to the throwdown rules which are always good to brush up on. Nothing major there, but we just try to make sure everyone knows they exist :wink: Rules

And last, unfortunately, the Big Farking Sammich deadline was Tuesday the 26th at noon, so no more entries are being accepted. However, The Memorial Day open is still going on and you are more than welcome to join in that one. Since you already have a Qtalk thread, I would just post your entry pic (and say "This is my official entry" ) and include a link to this thread. You can enter HERE

Hey, no problem on the speed of production, no big on thinkin' it up at the last minute (some of the best stuff comes from flash inspiration), no fail on the Vlasic's & beer in the background, dark pics happen to almost anybody, so not a deal there ~~you tried & did pretty good without 'night-vision' gear, no issue with the "Midnite Walmart Creeper" ingredient list (probably matches the original perfect), so great, giant sammie, BUT:

here's the problem:

"I tried to eat half, didn't make it..."

You're fired, man...............:caked:

(get help from Awaa !!!)

God bless the those "ain't even done with night" que Mellencamp here. Very nice cook

Last edited:
Back