The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Stuffed Jalapeno & Stuffed Mushroom Recipes?

Looking around the Web for a good stuffing for mushrooms or jalapenos. Anyone have a fav?

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
bbqjoe
Banned

crab meat, cream cheese, sprinkle of soy sauce.
bbqjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

For stuffed jalapenos, search here for ABT (Atomic Buffalo Turds). You'll find a wide variety of stuffings. I son't remember seeing too many stuffed mushroom recipes. One that I've used in the past includes packaged stuffing mix, sauteed chopped onions and chopped mushroom stems, and crumbled fatty mixed together and stuffed into big mushrooms and then cooked until the mushrooms were done. I don't really have a recipe. I just mix it all until it looks right. Use chicken broth to wet the stuffing mix until the moisture level is what you want.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks, guys. I ended up using some left over breakfast fatties (Would those be chubbies?), cream cheese, cooking sherry, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, dried onion, garlic salt, and basil. Topped with shredded Monteray Jack. Just kinda tossed stuff together.

Wife loved them. Kids didn't. LOL They had grilled cheese and jelly sandwiches. A kid hit.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
BrooklynQ
Banned

From an old thread...

One caveat, I don't measure things, so take the amounts with a grain of salt. I really liked these and I'll be doing them again.

Fattie stuffed Mushrooms
1 lb smoked Jimmy Dean Sage Fattie - crumbled or diced
2 eggs
1/4 cup bread crumbs - probably less - just enough to hold things together
1 box chopped spinach, drained of any extra water
Shot or so of red wine. I used Merlot. Keep the mixture moist
4 scallions finely chopped
1 small bottle of pine nuts - toast in a pan before using
A few handfulls of golden rasins. I used them whole, but next time I'll chop them.
4 oz of crumbled feta
Salt and Pepper to taste. Be careful of the salt -the feta is salty on it's own.

Mix all together and place in uncooked mushroom caps.

Bake in 450 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, until mushrooms are tender but not mushy. I'm sure you could smoke these, but I only wanted the smoke flavor from the fattie.

I used a 40oz box of mushrooms and had a lot of stuffing left over. You could probably cut everything in half and still have enough stuffing for the 40 oz package of mushrooms.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote