The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
scottyd
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pod BBQ trailers

What are your thoughts on Pod trailers, work area (enclosed) up front and Open area in back for your smoker? I know there are a few awesome teams here that have this type of setup. can you give me your likes and dislikes, How long is your trailer 16' or longer. I am really interested.

I looking at 14' enclosed and 10' open on the back for the smoker. so 24' overall in length.
[B]STUMPS 223[/B]
[B]STUMPS CLASSIC[/B]
[B]STUMPS PLATNUM BEING BUILT NOW[/B]
[B]WEBER KETTLE GOLD[/B]
[B]YOUR SILENCE WILL NOT SAVE YOU[/B]

Last edited by scottyd; 10-09-2006 at 06:36 PM..
scottyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
DeanC
Full Fledged Farker

I Smell Smoke (Yankeebbq) and Pellet Envy (kcpellethead) have open end trailers with the smokers on the back. I don't if those are what you are talking about, but maybe they can post some pictures and give you the specs.
2 Weber Kettles

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar---Mark Twain

www.odmp.org
DeanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Scott,

Go to Smokincrackerbbq.com and look in his picture gallery to see what he does. That is what I am going to do also. My tailgate is good to 5000 lbs.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

A lot depends on the type of cooker and how many creature comforts you want/need. The open "competition" trailers/pods provide all the prep area, cleanup, etc. you need (depending on how many sinks, water hookups, etc. With awnings they provide plenty of shade, too.

Depending on how far you pull it they can really eat into your fuel budget (as can any trailer setup). When Rod came to Ft. Rucker he had his picup loaded with "stuff" and brought his Greer cooker...no pod at this one.

Tim and I keep kicking around ideas for conversion of a car hauler he has. The "plan" is for storage, prep tables, sinks, and a couple of FEC100's.

Moderator note: moving this to Competition forum for more responses from teams that use trailers/pods

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
scottyd
is One Chatty Farker

I have found what I am looking for from S&S trailers and also Jumpin Jim's both are great people to deal with. I am going to take a closer look this weekend and will place my order for a 24' trailer 14' enclosed and 10' covered deck on the back. I think I will be real happy. Our fab shop here at the plant will put the counter tops and cupboards in all in stainless steel. Install all electrical and the air conditioner (well maybe I will have the trailer company do this) anyway it is going to be fantastic.

thanks for your impute
[B]STUMPS 223[/B]
[B]STUMPS CLASSIC[/B]
[B]STUMPS PLATNUM BEING BUILT NOW[/B]
[B]WEBER KETTLE GOLD[/B]
[B]YOUR SILENCE WILL NOT SAVE YOU[/B]
scottyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
DeanC
Full Fledged Farker

Where is Jumpin Jims and do they have a website? Thanks.
2 Weber Kettles

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar---Mark Twain

www.odmp.org
DeanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

I am a dealer for those...615-758-8749
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
Chris Nickelson
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like your going UPTOWN Scotty D.

two brinkman R2D2's
Trailer Mounted H & S 2000 Pit

CBJ# 14974 :cool:
Chris Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd
I have found what I am looking for from S&S trailers and also Jumpin Jim's both are great people to deal with. I am going to take a closer look this weekend and will place my order for a 24' trailer 14' enclosed and 10' covered deck on the back. I think I will be real happy. Our fab shop here at the plant will put the counter tops and cupboards in all in stainless steel. Install all electrical and the air conditioner (well maybe I will have the trailer company do this) anyway it is going to be fantastic.

thanks for your impute
Looks like you made a good choice! After meeting Ron(S&S) and seeing our new rig am making changes b4 construction!
enjoy

Buzz
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote