THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jstokes3

Knows what a fatty is.
I recently rescued a Brinkmann Cimarron off of CL for $100. It needed a lot of work but that was fine with me and fun to restore.

Let's get to how it looked after I got it home. For some reason, the guy that put it together put the legs on backwards. That made moving this heavy beast even harder.
Smoker%20015_zps9oiw0ylr.jpg

Notice how bad the shelf looks. The last guy was using it as a charcoal grate inside the main chamber.
Smoker%20016_zpsso7do5vc.jpg

Notice the door latch is missing.
Smoker%20019_zpswqhag5oo.jpg

The door latch was easily remedied.
Smoker%20033_zpssezrkykc.jpg

Hitting it with the power washer really helped. Also, we switched the legs around. It took some gentle persuasion but well worth it.
Smoker%20039_zps4pfy8wwf.jpg

Next I used the angle grinder with a flap disc to smooth the rust inside and out.
Smoker%20047_zpswf03sgbr.jpg

I used High Heat Rustoleum out of the can. It was a mix of brushing corners and rolling where I could. Very happy with the results.
Smoker%20082_zpscom8q1q0.jpg

The last thing to do was build a cedar shelf. I got out the angle grinder again and got it down to the base.
Smoker%20021_zpsafvrwacv.jpg

I used 1x4 cedar board. Boy it was tough finding one that was semi straight.
Smoker%20023_zpszo7odttt.jpg

Shout out to the brethren.
Smoker%20025_zpswqglw3b9.jpg

Here is the original CL ad.
01515_1E54cdiUpfZ_600x450_zpsk2nedflq.jpg

And here is the finished product.
Vegas%20005_zpshtxhodfy.jpg

Vegas%20004_zpszd88xwc5.jpg

Vegas%20003_zpshtzlae3s.jpg

Vegas%20002_zpsr44bctnx.jpg

Thanks for looking. Now its time to put her to work!

I would think you just got it out of a crate if there were no before pics. Awesome job!

Back