place to eat in Asheville, North Carolina

Davewey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to eat in Asheville, North Carolina. I’m finally going to Biltmore on the way to Hilton Head. I’ve read almost all there is to read on Biltmore over the last 20 or so years. After 14 years I convinced the wife and girls to give Dad one day out of are vacation. So I’ll be in Asheville next Wednesday night. Any thoughts?

Thanks

There are some great restaurants in Asheville and it all depends on what you want. Barley's: 40 or 50 (?) beers on tap and all micro brews, they serve great pizza's and sandwiches. Local bands sometimes. Hanna Flannagan's: Irish Pub with all the Irish fixings. Cafe on the Square: creative casual kinda food with a decent wine list, if you sit outside the atmosphere is as good as the food. There are several other really creative restaurants, just ask when hanging out downtown and I sure you'll find more. The Biltmore will suggest their own which aren't that good. There's also a great Itilian restaurant called Trevi's very close to the Biltmore Estates that's worth looking into. PM me if I can help any more, I used to live there and still visit often. You'll love the Biltmore Estates.

ED Boudreaux's Bayou BBQ

This classic Southern BBQ house also has a full bar with an excellent selection of beer. Many brews are not available in other Asheville-area bars. Recent selections included offerings from Corsendonk, Terrapin, Dogfish Head, Mash House, Duck Rabbit, and Avery along with many other choices.

The barbeque is outstanding as well. A unique feature of ED Boudreaux's is the "sauce bar" offering a dozen different barbeque sauces ranging from sweet to spicy, mild to hot. The atmosphere is inviting and informal with a large bar along one side of the room. Be sure to give this new establishment a try.
ED Boudreaux's Bayou BBQ
48 Biltmore Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 253-5812

I went to Biltmore in 2000. You have to see it to belive it. It was sort of late winter so I did not get to see all of the Christmas stuff. But it was still pretty impressive. I just did not dig that you could not take any pics or video. For 60.00 a person they could have at least gave us that. Asheville has some great places to eat. I forget the name of it but there is this native american place...has some great food and usually has a coupon for like a free drink or appetizer. matter of fact, Rachel "thick in the hips" Ray did a program on it in her (40.00 a day) show.

Just moved from Hilton Head 2 Q joints 1 on the island ( the smokehouse) the other is off island in Bluffton ( one hot mama's) Neither is very good. I heard that I new joint opened, but I can't recommend. When your in Bluffton, stop at Katie O'Donalds Irish Pub and tell e'm Paulie G. sent ya. I used to work there.

Ashville has some great resturants, but for Q, I'd go about 45 minutes out of my way between Ashville and Hilton Head to stop at Bridges Barbecue, U.S. 74 Hwy, Shelby, NC, 704-482-8567

Back