THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
All prepped and ready to go:
  • 3 nice meaty racks of spares
  • 12# turkey soaking in Oakridge Game Changer Brine
  • 5#'s of wings (actually all drums) w/HDD & Hoisin-Sriracha-Honey glaze
  • 8# boneless butt plugged with garlic & soaking in for sliced Cuban pork

After the cook, Ruby will be headed to the sand blaster to remove the crappy antique ruby paint job (a failed experiment), get a propper high temp black paint job and go up for sale.

I need to make an early run in the morning to the grain mill to get a ton of cattle feed in the trailer mounted gain tote I just finished fabricating, hope to have the butt on by 11:00 am.

Photos & play-by-play as we go through the day.

Well I Dont see no Pron!!!! :shock:

Well, yesterday was a giant cluster getting my bulk grain cattle feed, got it done but took forever, so the cook got started late and was rushing all day,but the food came out Ok. And to boot, seems my PhotoBucket account is farked, won't let me upload. Hopefully I'll have better success today.

Edit: I will add (just in I still can't make pictures happen) we did a boneless 8# butt, plugged with garlic and marinated with mojo for 24 hours, cooked to an IT of about 180, thin sliced instead of pulled. It was really a hit and certainly a do-over!

Last edited:
Back