*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - Comfort Food" Throwdown! - Vote ***

*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - Comfort Food" Throwdown! - Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren ”Comfort Food - Special" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday, December 8.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name or picture for more pics/info on the entries.

sliding_billy

Smoke Dawg

aawa

TropicDad

peeps

fantomlord

THoey1963

Ron_L

THoey1963 #2

Toast

fantomlord #2

aawa #2

Moose

fantomlord #3

Smoke Dawg #2

sliding_billy #2

sliding_billy #3

BBQ Bacon

Smoke Dawg #3

Smoke Dawg #4

Stingerhook

Tonybel

savageford

Wow, fantastic entries by everyone :clap2: I'm going to have to take some time to go through all of these.

Interesting. Everyone's take on "comfort food" is different. Finally, I decided to go with Moose's Pizza. Pizza is comfort food to me because it usually means I ordered delivery and am sitting in the recliner just chilling...

Had to go with those cinnamon rolls. I mean, DAYUM, son!

I'll second that opinion. I'm in love with your gravy, Ronelle. Am I wrong for that?

I don't think so :-D Redhot may have a different opinion...
Ron's gravy brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like,
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

All these entries look great! I'm still up in the air which one is my favorite.

These all look awesome- Adawa and Peeps to name a few. However that ouster of Smoke Dawg looked to good to be true. I am now craving oysters Yum

I think I needed one more lobster tail, cut into BIG chunks, to make my Lobster Mac & Cheese more picture worthy. It tasted great as it was, and the lobster was in every bite, but just doesn't stand out much in that photo. Oh well, lesson learned...

I think I needed one more lobster tail, cut into BIG chunks, to make my Lobster Mac & Cheese more picture worthy. It tasted great as it was, and the lobster was in every bite, but just doesn't stand out much in that photo. Oh well, lesson learned...
Some things are just hard to capture without planning on separate garnish items (which I rarely do). Then there are times where I just flat out pick the wrong pic for the polling pic.

In your case, some separate lobster chunks sprinkled on top of the lobster mac & cheese and some parsley (or similar) would have really made it all pop! Either way, I would have loved to have a bite...or a bowl...or 3!!!!

Though, not every dish will photograph like them beautiful pig shots of yours!!!!

Some things are just hard to capture without planning on separate garnish items (which I rarely do). Then there are times where I just flat out pick the wrong pic for the polling pic.

In your case, some separate lobster chunks sprinkled on top of the lobster mac & cheese and some parsley (or similar) would have really made it all pop! Either way, I would have loved to have a bite...or a bowl...or 3!!!!

Though, not every dish will photograph like them beautiful pig shots of yours!!!!

and sometimes you gotta bust out the good china for the TD like peeps did :heh:

and sometimes you gotta bust out the good china for the TD like peeps did :heh:
Man, we run the damn dishwasher so much while using paper plates 80% of the time, I can't even imagine if we used the regular plates for those times!!!! :wink:

Thanks for the info and the compliments Peeps. We all try to take our best photos, but agree, they can't all be like your Beef Short Ribs... :wink:

Back