Long Island BBQ Roadtrip

W

Wine & Swine

Starting to plan another BBQ crawl after our very successful NYC adventure a few weeks ago. This one will be on Long Island and we plan to hit 4-5 places and will be utilizing a limo again (this way we can maximize our beer consumption) so travel time and mapping will be more essential so we don't spend all the time in the car. I have also taken friends to Texas and have done the same out of Austin into the hill country (stopping in Lockhart the BBQ capital of Texas). That was the best BBQ trip ever, 8 places in 14 hours including Blacks, Kreuz Market and Stubb's in a "Texas Limo" (or crew cab pickup for all you Yankees). Looking for suggestions for Long Island.

Head on over to Cattle Call and tell us a little about yourself.

Here's list that was in Newsday a couple months back. I took out some of the Soul Food and Cajun places.

NASSAU COUNTY

Big Boy's Grill, 498 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale, 516-292-1025 - Barbecue and New Orleans-style cooking

Big Daddy's, 1 Park Lane, Massapequa Park, 516-799-8877 - Southern, Cajun, Creole and barbecue

Cornbread & Caviar, 1299 Grand Ave., Baldwin, 516-377-7779 - Southern and eclectic

LL Dent, 221 Old Country Rd., Carle Place, 516-742-0940 - Southern

R.S. Jones, 153 Merrick Ave., Merrick, 516-378-7177 - Southern, Southwestern and barbecue

SUFFOLK COUNTY

Adam's Rib, 753 W. Montauk Hwy., West Babylon, 631-587-4623 - Southern and barbecue

El Dorado Barbecue, 1986 Middle Country Rd., Centereach, 631-588-7227 and 4837 Rte. 347, 631-473-8525 - Southern barbecue

Farmer Bar-Cutchogue Barbecue Co., 4805 Depot Lane, Cutchogue, 631-734-5410 - Southern barbecue

Hog House Barbecue, 200 W. Jericho Tpke., Huntington, 631-271- 4200 - Barbecue, Southern, eclectic

Jackson's, 6005 Jericho Tpke., Commack, 631-462-0822 - Casual American with Southern classics

Magnolia, 29 Main St., Sag Harbor, 631-725-0101 - Eclectic with Southern bent

Smokin' Al's Famous BBQ Joint, 19 W. Main St., Bay Shore, 631-206-3000 - Southern barbecue

Tennessee Jack's BBQ, 148 Carleton Ave., East Islip, 631-581-9657 - Southern barbecue

Turtle Crossing, 221 Pantigo Rd., East Hampton, 631-324-7166 - Barbecue, Southern, Southwestern and Tex-Mex

we can take eldorados out of there.. its a chain.. similar to famous daves but better.

take out Adams ribs also. Its around the corner from my house. If u changed the sign to Pudgies chicken u would not notice the difference.

SmokeInDaEye said:
Here's list that was in Newsday a couple months back. I took out some of the Soul Food and Cajun places.

NASSAU COUNTY

Big Boy's Grill, 498 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale, 516-292-1025 - Barbecue and New Orleans-style cooking

Big Daddy's, 1 Park Lane, Massapequa Park, 516-799-8877 - Southern, Cajun, Creole and barbecue

Cornbread & Caviar, 1299 Grand Ave., Baldwin, 516-377-7779 - Southern and eclectic

LL Dent, 221 Old Country Rd., Carle Place, 516-742-0940 - Southern

R.S. Jones, 153 Merrick Ave., Merrick, 516-378-7177 - Southern, Southwestern and barbecue

one more in bellmore, lauras texas roadhouse, (or sumptin' to that effect), opened last week.. her man loyd is known to some of us from grill kings as a competitor 2 years ago and a vender last time around... they're on the corner of bellmore ave & bellmore rd, 1 mi. north of sunrise hwy.

barfly said:
one more in bellmore, lauras texas roadhouse, (or sumptin' to that effect), opened last week.. her man loyd is known to some of us from grill kings as a competitor 2 years ago and a vender last time around... they're on the corner of bellmore ave & bellmore rd, 1 mi. north of sunrise hwy.

Tell him that dove season is opening next week and I'm shooting his birds if he doesn't come home quick:lol:

you might try "Bobbique", on main street in patchogue across from the brick house brewery.

phil

Instead of wasting money on any of those place, we will compile a list of brethren that will cook for you at all different locations and we will charge you

Personally I'm setting up a lawnchair in front of Willie B's and waiting. 2 weeks, Will? Need to make sure I bring enough sammiches and beer.

Jorge said:
Tell him that dove season is opening next week and I'm shooting his birds if he doesn't come home quick:lol:

shooting his birds? i don't wanna know..nope, nope nope...

Cue's Your Daddy said:
It might be taking so long because he is in a contract dispute with Jack McDavid.

i got a pic somewhere of mr mcdavid giving will the mother of all wedgies...

barfly said:

I'd imagine it takes a while to heal up after something like that :lol:

barfly said:
i'm cooking tomorrow all day long so if anybody wants to hang out please come by.
I MEAN THIS AS NO ONE EVER TAKE ME SERIOUSELY I AM COOKING ALL DAY LONG AND I HAVE EXTRA.IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOME OF MY FOOD STOP BY

222 5th AVE .
Bay Shore, NY JUST
CALL ME 631-678 1726

I wish I could....Fortunately + unfortunately, I'll be helping out with the bbq-nyc event....

Back