The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

Default Vision Grills Customer Service - Yet Another Great experience

Hey Brethern..TGIF!!!!

I thought I'd share some info since I use real life reviews from ya'll all the time... About 3-4 mths after purchasing my Kamado I noticed that the stitching on the cover was getting loose in 1 area and contacted Vision..they were ready to send me another cover but I told them if they would note my acct, I'd call back if it ever became an issue..Sure enough this weekend, the stitching started to come apart so I LVM on Tues. Just got a call back from CS today regarding the cover and they pulled up my acct, saw the note and stepped right up with an offer for the free cover..In addition to that, the plastic tab on the upper vent had broken during a high temp pizza cook...She offered a whole new vent for FREE but I'm more than happy to replace the plastic tab...They've stepped up now a few times and would love to save them a little $. Last but not least, I asked how much the Nomex gasket kit was and that I had 2 small spots that needed to be replaced..She said no problem, dont worry about it..I'll include that for FREE with your pckg...That's what I'm talking about!!!

I got to say that I have never had a company come close to my Weber customer service experiences but dang, they almost parallel at this point!! Happy Smoking all!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncblue View Post
Hey Brethern..TGIF!!!!

I thought I'd share some info since I use real life reviews from ya'll all the time... About 3-4 mths after purchasing my Kamado I noticed that the stitching on the cover was getting loose in 1 area and contacted Vision..they were ready to send me another cover but I told them if they would note my acct, I'd call back if it ever became an issue..Sure enough this weekend, the stitching started to come apart so I LVM on Tues. Just got a call back from CS today regarding the cover and they pulled up my acct, saw the note and stepped right up with an offer for the free cover..In addition to that, the plastic tab on the upper vent had broken during a high temp pizza cook...She offered a whole new vent for FREE but I'm more than happy to replace the plastic tab...They've stepped up now a few times and would love to save them a little $. Last but not least, I asked how much the Nomex gasket kit was and that I had 2 small spots that needed to be replaced..She said no problem, dont worry about it..I'll include that for FREE with your pckg...That's what I'm talking about!!!

I got to say that I have never had a company come close to my Weber customer service experiences but dang, they almost parallel at this point!! Happy Smoking all!!!
I had a very positive experience as well. A small chip appeared on my dome, and I called and immediately sent me some paint to fix it.

I was hoping to score one of their mini's a few weeks back, and went on the website and noticed it had been discontinued. Further digging around showed me they've lost their distribution with Costco. I'm hoping this is temporary, because it's a huge account. I hope they can stay afloat, as they make a FINE product!
Custom Avatars by Grillman
Check out my blog:
www.mooseonfire.com

Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

They're awesome for sure. I've had a claim with them and they took care of me. Shipping out a bulky item free which other kamado manufacturers charge a shipping fee for.

Earlier this year they actually switched from Costco and are now distributing through Sam's. They're also online with Home Depot, True Value, Frontgate, etc etc.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K), WGA(P) WJJ(CU)
PBC
Santa Maria 30x20
"THE BLACKSTONE POSSE" Member
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

I hate to hear that they're no longer going to be with Costco. I detest shopping @ Walmart/Sams. We switched briefly this year to Sams. Talk about a huge change in the vibe of the workers. Night & day difference in quality Of goods & confidence in Return policy as well. Only negative is that location if
Costco is not as convenient.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

moose - I have the Kub & have it admit that it gets very
Little use. Unfortunately that
Translates To 2 cooks in the yr that I've had it. It's only my wife
A 14 mth old, & me yet we always seems
To either Cook enough to use the Performer or
The Vision. If Traveling, we take the WSJ BC
The Kub weighs 50lbs. Looks Cool though. It
Did have way more