MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default FFC - My take on KFC (pr0n)

So I saw all these threads about KFC, Kettle Fried Chicken that looked awesome. Wel,, I don't have a kettle, so I figured my FEC was the next best thing.

FEC Fried Chicken. Made a couple different varieties, Used Gore's method and made up some batter using Andy's Seasoning Hot n Spicy chicken breading. Made thighs coated in batter, boneless skinless breasts cut in half coated in batter then dusted with additional breading and finally some wings, just coated with breading ala N8man Shake, Shake, Shake method. Then into the FEC at 375.

About half way through I coated them with some melted butter.

Mmmmm..... Preferred the battered ones. I'll be making these again!!!

Thigh

Breast

Last edited by LYU370; 09-15-2017 at 10:12 PM..
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
peeps

More info on Gore's batter? Wait, not that batter....his chicken batter!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Bebe
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
i think he means this...
[COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black]WSM x2, OTG x3, WSJ x3, mini-WSM, Peformer, Smokin-It #3,[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black] Napoleon gaser [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#D4D0C8][I]There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.[/I][/COLOR][/B]
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
LYU370

Quote:
Here's his original thread. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=95412

I just combined an egg, about 3/4 cup milk and about 2/3 cup of Andy's Hot n Spicy chicken breading. Looks like a bunch of people use House Autry chicken breader, but us Yankee's can't get that stuff locally.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
2NDXRND
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
DAMMIT!! It's too early for this poo!
2NDXRND is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDXRND View Post
DAMMIT!! It's too early for this poo!
I know, I know...it was a serious question that just had no way of sounding "right". I got a filthy mind, so it went there without my consent

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]

Old 08-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
lantern
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
I know, I know...it was a serious question that just had no way of sounding "right". I got a filthy mind, so it went there without my consent
Peeps if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be able to keep my extremely daft comments in check. So thank you sir for keeping me from looking more of the horrid fiend that I am.
lantern is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
Bebe
Full Fledged Farker

i'm sure Peeps didn't mean KFG (Kettle Fry Gore).... although one never knows :)
Yet, i hear Al Gore invented that batter...
[COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black]WSM x2, OTG x3, WSJ x3, mini-WSM, Peformer, Smokin-It #3,[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black] Napoleon gaser [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#D4D0C8][I]There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.[/I][/COLOR][/B]
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

So... Back on topic...

The FFC looks great, LYU! You should make a bunch of that and bring it to the Brethren Gathering in Lemont on the 10th (info in my signature)

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
So... Back on topic...

The FFC looks great, LYU! You should make a bunch of that and bring it to the Brethren Gathering in Lemont on the 10th (info in my signature)
Party pooper!

Thanks for the links to Gore's chicken batter recipe. I will see about trying that one soon!

Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
LYU370

Quote:
So... Back on topic...

Wish I could, already have plans unfortunately. But thanks for the invite, sounds like it will be a blast.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Wish I could, already have plans unfortunately. But thanks for the invite, sounds like it will be a blast.
Maybe next time!

Can you still send some chicken?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
LYU370

Quote:
Can you still send some chicken?
I'll EMail it to ya!

Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
2NDXRND
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
i'm sure Peeps didn't mean KFG (Kettle Fry Gore).... although one never knows :)
Yet, i hear Al Gore invented that batter...
Al invented Chuck Norris.... that said, Al is the pinnacle of badassery.

Last edited by 2NDXRND; 08-01-2014 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: woops!
2NDXRND is offline   Reply With Quote