Harpoon Winners

S

Smoker

Harpoon:

Grand Champions - I Smell Smoke
Reserve Grand Champions - IQue

Nice. Congrats to the boys!

Was it another NEBS event held under water?

Last edited by a moderator:
The full results.

Great Job Guys and Gals!

TIM
-------------------------------

Chicken
10. QKwannabees
9. Feeding Friendz
8. Central Pork West
7. Bourbon and Beale
6. Personal Fowl
5. Back 40 BBQ
4. Crispy Critters
3. Lunchmeat
2. Bare Bones BBQ
1. Regal BBQ

Ribs
10. Puddle of Rub
9. Firefly's
8. iQue
7. BBQ Guru Cooking Team
6. Back 40 BBQ
5. Seabrisket
4. Central Pork West
3. Bourbon & Beale
2. The Bastey Boys
1. I Smell Smoke!

Pork
10. Jack's Old South
9. QKwannabees
8. Back 40 BBQ
7. Firetown Smokers
6. IQue
5. BBQ Guru Cooking Team
4. Dr. Frank N' Swine
3. Lunchmeat
2. Firefly's
1. I Smell Smoke!

Brisket
10. Lunchmeat
9. Lost Nation Smoke Co.
8. Firetown Smokers
7. BBQ Guru Cooking Team
6. Purple Turtle Catering Co.
5. Seabrisket
4. Flaming Hog BBQ
3. I Smell Smoke!
2. Jack's Old South
1. IQue

Overall
10. Regal BBQ
9. Central Pork West
8. The Bastey Boys
7. Seabrisket
6. Back 40 BBQ
5. Lunchmeat
4. Firefly's
3. BBQ Guru Cooking Team
Reserve Grand: IQue
Grand Champion: I Smell Smoke!

Thanks everyone! We had a blast despite the rain. I've cooked five contests this year all with crappy weather, 4 were torrential rain, and 1 was 100*. I'd take the rain over the heat anyday tho.

-Chris

Thanks All. We had a great time. I can't believe how many people showed up even in the rain.

Steve

Thank you, thank you all. We had such a great time, I can't even talk today for all the cheering I did. It was so cool to meet some more of my Brethren, hear my team get called to the stage a few times, finally meet Myron Mixon (whoa), and celebrate righteously with the two best teams in New England, iQue and I Smell Smoke! These teams have proved again and again that they are the ones to beat, not only here in New England, but all over this country. Well deserved guys, I am proud to say "hey, I know them ya know....."
Also, congratulations to all who braved the "scattered showers" and got everything turned in. Thankfully, Sunday was beautiful. Huge thanks to Harpoon, they did it again, perfectly!

so...if we spend every event this season swimming, that would mean that next year it will be dry, right? Whatever, we will still see you out there!

lunchlady

Congratulations to all and it was a great contest to attend. I really enjoyed meeting several crews I had talked to (Lunch Lady and Lost Nations) as well as many I had not had any contact with. The purple Turtle was there as well glad to see faces I had talked to face to face as well Great contest (good beer as well)

It was truly a great contest. The scattered showers i.e. torrential down pour (1'' per hour) was something else. Sunday was quite nice. Rain is better than hot (I was at Grill Kings last weekend). I met alot of really nice people, learned alot and am truly glad that I experienced the Harpoon New England Barbeque Championships. Congratulations to all. This is a must experience and class act! Truly worth the 4 plus hour travel time.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Re: Congrats

"I QUE" a big CONGRATS to you all, we are working on correcting alot for next year and hope to have our reiging Champ back to defend the belt it has changed hands each year. Best of Luck in all your events.

Regards,
Dean

Thanks Dean. I do hope to be back.

One suggestion I have is to go check out the New Holland contest in August to see how they run it. They have 70 teams and a waiting list.

oneofthegrillkings said:
"I QUE" a big CONGRATS to you all, we are working on correcting alot for next year and hope to have our reiging Champ back to defend the belt it has changed hands each year. Best of Luck in all your events.

Regards,
Dean

Back