Don't really need all those kettles, just one 18-1/2"............

1buckie

Babbling Farker
Here's where the wife gets home & wants DINNER IN AMERICA

The wife's returned from Italy....
After a lot of airplane problems & 2-1/2 day delayed return....

She wants American food....

Here's a whole dinner on an 18-1/2" Weber ~~~>

Big potatoes down in the bottom / corn on top....

CarolynsReturnAug2012001.jpg

Wicked Good lump & Stubb's, running pretty hot...

Then marinated squash...

CarolynsReturnAug2012002.jpg

Then a rotation of ribeyes (kinda thin, but that worked out well for this gig..)

CarolynsReturnAug2012004.jpg

Keeping things warm while aspergoose is finishing....

CarolynsReturnAug2012007.jpg

Pull Grate...

CarolynsReturnAug2012013.jpg

Pull Taters...

CarolynsReturnAug2012012.jpg

Done ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012014.jpg

Plated ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012016.jpg

A few minutes later ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012017.jpg

She had fun in Italy, ate a lot, walked it all off & said the fruit & vegetables were hideous.....? Maybe looked in the wrong place?

Attacked the potato before I could even get it in the house....

Small cooking area, but can accomplish a lot with time & placement.... :grin:

I'm always amazed at what we can get away with on the smaller grills.

I rocked the little 14.5" Smokey Joe Silver for about 5 years, and got pretty good at getting a surprising amount of different stuff in there all at once.

Good job!

Thanks for that, Billy......works for zucchini, too........

MothersDayTriTip074.jpg

Tx, Garrett.....she was tired out & tired of several of the things she couldn't get over there.....where she was, you can't just buy a bag of ice for your iced tea....???

Tx, Gnarlbecue !!!

18-1/2" is my lower limit, not much time spent on Smokeys or Jumbos.....but I have seen astounding things done on them by others.............

Good timing getting all that done at the same time, looks good. Hideous produce over there is a curiousity, I've never been but have always heard it's better as in locally grown, fresh picked, etc.

I'm always amazed at what we can get away with on the smaller grills.

I rocked the little 14.5" Smokey Joe Silver for about 5 years, and got pretty good at getting a surprising amount of different stuff in there all at once.

Good job!

First looks great Buckie!

Gnarlbecue....just think how much you can get in a 18.5" when you add a 80 Qt pot and install an extra cooking grate in it. lol I added that pot to my jumbo joe grill....still a grill but now a great smoker with lots of space.

BSHM, I think a lot of the people do grow their own stuff......she went to small stores & said they just didn't do a lot of upkeep & rotation...

El_Matt, I use them for sides, extra space, smoking overload when it won't all fit on the 22"'s, hot holding, finish grilling / searing, the warm holder for the 24" Weber wok, I have maybe 7 or 8 of them, 5 in common rotation......even done butts on them here & there....

Jan29Danaedad040.jpg

Lil' Red loaded w/ MOINKS & Scotch eggs...

Pre-StuporBowl089.jpg

Fwismoker, there's another idea !!!

Naw Harry, I still save that test for stuff like rib tips......

Pie3018.jpg

Use them little cookers, folks....don't want them to feel left out !!!!!!

I use my 18.5 more than my 22.5. Usually I am cooking for only my son, gf, and myself, and the 18.5 is a perfect size and saves on fuel. But the 22.5 comes in handy for them bigger cooks or get togethers.

Psssh now your talking rubbish, only need one hah!!!:shocked:

Ok J/K you are a master at improvising and just plain magic with a kettle!
Food looks awsome!:mrgreen:

Yep, that's a good way to think about it, Humble Soul......glad to see others are using them to good advantage.....a lot of people get one thinking they don't need the big size, then find it somehow hard to use.......I got the Redhead from one neighbor, another OT silver from the other next door neighbor & a brand new OTS from a house cleanout around the corner.....3 18" kettles, within 275 feet of home, all free.....use them often......

Tx, Ron....good to see you !!!

Magic....well, I don't know......improviser, yes..........maybe I'll put up that cook where the kubbodeh meat fell off the skewers & ended up as burgers.............:mrgreen:

midwestsmokeboy, I usually sprinkle with granulated garlic & let sit a short while, then either dunk in or pour on Italian dressing, herb & garlic marinade, lemon pepper marinade, jalepeno Ranch dressing is a current favorite.........bottle stuff mainly......sometimes end with parm sprinkled on.......messy, but good !!!!

StuporBowl2012036.jpg

Here's where the wife gets home & wants DINNER IN AMERICA

The wife's returned from Italy....
After a lot of airplane problems & 2-1/2 day delayed return....

She wants American food....

Here's a whole dinner on an 18-1/2" Weber ~~~>

Big potatoes down in the bottom / corn on top....

CarolynsReturnAug2012001.jpg

Wicked Good lump & Stubb's, running pretty hot...

Then marinated squash...

CarolynsReturnAug2012002.jpg

Then a rotation of ribeyes (kinda thin, but that worked out well for this gig..)

CarolynsReturnAug2012004.jpg

Keeping things warm while aspergoose is finishing....

CarolynsReturnAug2012007.jpg

Pull Grate...

CarolynsReturnAug2012013.jpg

Pull Taters...

CarolynsReturnAug2012012.jpg

Done ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012014.jpg

Plated ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012016.jpg

A few minutes later ~~>

CarolynsReturnAug2012017.jpg

She had fun in Italy, ate a lot, walked it all off & said the fruit & vegetables were hideous.....? Maybe looked in the wrong place?

Attacked the potato before I could even get it in the house....

Small cooking area, but can accomplish a lot with time & placement.... :grin:

no offense, but I would divorce you if that was my welcome home meal.
:blah:

Back