THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jmac3352

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I have been lurking in the back ground for a while. I have a full service restaurant now and am looking to convert to a BBQ focused menu, I have been doing Q on a personal level for many years but I need advice on which commercial smoker I will need to get for the restaurant. We have most of the equipment already except for the smoker and holding cabinets. I have been doing smoked wings and pulled pork in the restaurant on a propane (wood chip) smoker and now looking for suggestions on what commercial smoker to purchase for a restaurant and bar that seats 200 people open 7 days a week. The budget is fairly low but still looking for suggestions.

Can you give us a budget range? It's sort of hard to suggest without knowing, say, your upper limit. :-D

Space is not a problem as I am converting current kitchen to work and have plenty of hood space . Menu will be primarily BBQ and steaks and burgers in a full service restaurant. I looking to be under $5k if possible as I will also need cvaps and other new equipment. I have nat gas hook ups available as well as 120 elec. (no 220 avail).

The 2 best selling commercial smokers is #1 a new Southern Pride and #2 is a used Southern Pride. We just bought a 2 year old SPK 750 for $14,000. with cook and hold feature and the smoke evacuation system. I think we did pretty good.

Im sorry but your not going to find a smoker for that price to feed a 200 seat raunt.

Im cooking on an Oyler 700 which holds a thousand lbs of meat and have a hard time keeping up with 180 seats.

I believe the best selling commercial smoker would be Ole Hickory smoker but a Southern Pride would fit the bill.

yea, I run 2 fec-120's And I can cook about 500lbs a day if I really push them. I personally believe they're some of the best units around(all of the FEC lineup) For 5k you could put one of these under your hood on a restaurant line, pushed hard it'll put out around 250lbs of que a day, and tastes better then any propane smoker available. We can run 2, load up our alto shaams, and reload the cookers. It's a lot of work but it might be your only option

Back