The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
BrooklynQ
Banned

Default World BBQ Championships

Didn't they used to do this in the USA?

In Russia, holding the perfect barbecue party is now seen as a symbol of prosperity Russia cooks up a storm
7.12AM, Mon Jul 3 2006

The first ever World Barbecue Championships has taken place in Russia.
It seems this cooking method, so far favoured by the West, is really catching on with our Russian cousins.

But it's not just about flexing culinary muscle. In Russia, holding the perfect barbecue party is now seen as a symbol of prosperity.

Rolf Zubler is Chairman of the World Barbecue Association - he reckons the barbie experience is taking over eastern parts of the world and hopes that one day it can reach China.

Outdoor chefs filled the air with the aroma of grilling meat and vegetables in a variety of creative marinades.

A case of, put another sausage on the barb-ski, comrade.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

After speaking to the Klose factory this week, I can only imagine the cost of shipping a Back Yard Chefski to Moscow.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

yeah, its called the Jack Daniels WORLD championship.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Last edited by Solidkick; 07-04-2006 at 10:01 AM..
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

They probably meant the first World Barbecue Association event was held in Russia. The WBA Championship is in about it's 8th year and has been held twice inn the US. Once in Tennessee and again in California. I've cooked at the one in Tennessee and the one in Jamaica a few years back.This year it's in Poland.

Here's the link. http://www.wbqa.com/
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cool Ray! Cooking a contest in Jamaica had to be fun! Plenty of rum to drink!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
kcpellethead
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
yeah, its called the Jack Daniels WORLD championship.
Hey Phil,

As cooks, we all covet the invite to the Jack Daniel's contest. They can call it anything they want, but it's not a true championship. When they leave out some of the best cooks in the country just to gain press in far reaching places, it's a publicity event rather than a true world championship. Don't get me wrong, I want to go just as bad or worse than the next guy. However, the American Royal Invitational is the contest where everyone who has won a qualifying event is invited. Much closer to the being a world championship in my opinion.

Happy 4th of July to all!

Rod

Last edited by kcpellethead; 07-04-2006 at 01:45 PM..
kcpellethead is offline   Reply With Quote