oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #31
jbounds286
is one Smokin' Farker

lol this is hilarious! i love it!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #32
malibulvr
On the road to being a farker

Great looking smoker, too damn cool! I'm always on the look out for old compressors and oil tanks.
malibulvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #33
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

Well I couldn`t wait to give it a try so we fired it up today I started it up and brought it up to just over 200 and held it there then I brought it up to 250 and held it there for a while and then brought it up to 350 and held it there. The temp seems fairly easy to control I did have to use some cowboy lump to run today as I have no hard wood ready to run it as wood only. I got a few packages of chicken thighs and seasoned them and once i got it to 350 degrees my my buddy threw on a frozen marinated pork sirloin and we let it go for just over an hour then threw on the chicken. each time I opened the lid to the cooking chamber or the firebox in only took minutes for the smoker to regain it`s temp I was very happy with that. we fired it about 10 am and played with moving the temp up and holding until about 12 ish we put the chicken on at 12:30 and ccoked it for an hour and left the pork on until just after 2. my last load of lump was added a little after noon and dropped the temp to 300 and it held until just before 3. I think it was a very successful test run and tasy also. I have to say the pork was some tasty treat. here is it running and the chicken done. BTW it took about 2/3 of a 20 pound bag of cowboy for all this I am not sure if this is good or not as I am used to my UDS