The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default hot dog truck!?

hi,
i have access to a hot dog truck on the weekend of grill kings! it has steam tables, refridgerator, four sinks and a work area. it is recently build and as of now has not been inspected( i don't even know if that is a requirement). it has a bathroom and sleep area as well and is mostly propane powered. my question is about using it in competition. can i enter grill kings and just roll this truck onto a spot with a few wsm's and compete like that? do i need to set up the tent and wash stations coolers and work station outside as well?
this would be my first competition so any information you can provide would be great. thanks!

phil
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedad
hi,
i have access to a hot dog truck on the weekend of grill kings! it has steam tables, refridgerator, four sinks and a work area. it is recently build and as of now has not been inspected( i don't even know if that is a requirement). it has a bathroom and sleep area as well and is mostly propane powered. my question is about using it in competition. can i enter grill kings and just roll this truck onto a spot with a few wsm's and compete like that? do i need to set up the tent and wash stations coolers and work station outside as well?
this would be my first competition so any information you can provide would be great. thanks!

phil
I don't know why not, provided it fits in your space AND you aren't using the propane to cook.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Heck yeah Phil! What Jorge said! Seems to me that it would be the perfect set up for ease, comfort and convenience. As long as it fits, I'd say give it a shot! Be sure to post some pictures in use when you're done.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Absolutely yes. I am actually trying to put one of these trailers together. It really makes things easier. Best of luck.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Sledneck
Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedad
hi,

phil

Phil, if it has air conditioning you may bring it. I will make sure that it can be used but you have to park it next to my space
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

If it does have air conditioning Dean of the Grill Kings asked me personally to inspect it and monitor the temperature inside the truck during the hottest time of the day. He also asked me to make sure there is a lounge chair and plenty of beer in the truck during monitoring time so I can carry out this most important task.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

Ask Dr. Ray BBQ That is what he uses and works good for him.
EXPERT IN CRACKERESE
Spicewine Smoker Sales Southeast 863-381-1530
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Yeah, sure you can use it. Like Jimmy said I have a concession trailer that I use all the time. You can't use the steam table but the frig is a real plus.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote