The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #31
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Wow that sucks, glad you are feeling better. I always worry about my dog poking my eye with her feet and long claws. She always puts them anywhere she likes without any concern.. do all dogs do this? She's really hurt me sometimes digging her bony feet into my side. I could see her putting my eye out in my sleep. Gonna have to make sure she stays down at the end of the bed when sleeping.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #32
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

My dogs are tiny things, and don't sleep on the bed with us, so my eyes aren't really a concern. They DIG my legs though when they want my attention. It's how I can tell I love them, because I have never kicked one across a room for doing it. Man it hurts though. It's kind of funny too because whenever they get me really good I'll yell something like, "AH!" and then they throw themselves down on the floor and show me their belly. I guess they're spoiled if me raising my voice is the end of the world for them.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #33
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

That sucks Is your eye alright
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #34
2kewlgypsy
Found some matches.

Hope you are feeling better! That was a nice find, keep looking for stuff like that!
2kewlgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #35
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Free?! Why are you even asking!

Edit- just back tracked the thread and read about your eye- that sux man get well!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #36
Chronos
On the road to being a farker

Pretty much all dogs do it. It's why people try so hard to teach them not to jump from day one. We rescued ours when she was 5 so the bad habits were already there. She's an english pointer who's very strong and has long claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
Wow that sucks, glad you are feeling better. I always worry about my dog poking my eye with her feet and long claws. She always puts them anywhere she likes without any concern.. do all dogs do this? She's really hurt me sometimes digging her bony feet into my side. I could see her putting my eye out in my sleep. Gonna have to make sure she stays down at the end of the bed when sleeping.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #37
Chronos
On the road to being a farker

It's okay. About 90% back. Still slightly off, but for the first 3 days I couldn't even see anything more than white light and very large blobs. Wills Eye said it'll be 100% within the next week. Luckily the eyes are one of the fastest healing parts of the body.

Thanks for the concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
That sucks Is your eye alright
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote