拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #46
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I blame Ronelle.
I just found your avatar a new crispy frog!
Big Red UDS/Small BGE/Blackstone Pizza Oven/Pit Barrel Cooker/Vision Kamado/Purebred American Rat Terrier Whisperer
Check out my blog:
www.mooseonfire.com

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #47
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

When I first read your post about the ban I almost thanked it.
Then I began to think about what was going on and what I had already read and thought to myself, NO WAY, this is not real. Besides, I was having a hard time with what was going to happen to our 3 moderaters AND the new rules.

So, we still cant PM you about changes to the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
well.. i'll admit that it took me a few readings agree to do it.. in fact, My words were, "ok, i'll will play to your douchebaggery", and yesterday i told Ron that I WILL throw Chris and Ron under the bus when its over.

I just didnt feel right doing something 'official' as a joke.. but WTF.. its aprils fool day. And for the record, i DID NOT write that post.

In the past, I have put up landing page on April1 saying the the forum was taken down permanently and all servers are shut down, and in fine print, there was a link that said, 'enter here' which opened the door. That year my phone started ringing VERY early in the AM.

So, that being said, I wont be doing that again because when guerry said "phil dont joke in red", hes right.. and that stung. Sorry Guerry..

instead, i'll just redirect you all to www.uglydrumsmokers.com

"VEGETARIAN" An Old Indian Word For "POOR HUNTER"

Got a stick-burner!
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky!
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #48
BobBrisket

Default Lmfao!!

You all should have known it WASN'T Phil............there were like ZERO typing errors in the post!!!!!

I blame all you douchebags!

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty! RIP
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #49
sam3
is one Smokin' Farker

I completely fell for it. Completely.
So much so, I edited one of my posts. Pissed? Yea. Rookie mistake though.

Nice job guys. Hook, line and sinker.
MAK 1 Star #385, 22.5 WSM, Weber Platinum, mini-WSM, PBC, Bradly OBS w/Auber & La Caja China
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #50
DUBBAGA
is One Chatty Farker

Other than the collateral damage to Guerry (glad you're doing better now), this was very well done. I'm just glad that Phil didn't do something completely cruel and hurtful such as stating that he sent Slamdunkpro the digital image files so we could finally have some Brethren hats, only to later laugh at my hatlessness

UDS, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker, Blue Ember Gasser, Weber Performer

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Swamp Boys Breast Cancer Fundraiser (link)

Swamp Boys Breast Cancer Fundraiser THREAD (link)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #51
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I have been building resentment for a while now, and this just ALMOST took it over the line for me. I'm going to have to think about things for a bit.
Guerry,

This post has been bothering me...

I hope you can let go of whatever resentment has been building, either through just letting go, or talking with the folks involved. It ain't healthy, man...

You have been a friendly, welcoming, fun loving face on the forum since I joined and really helped me start having a lot of fun here, even when your posts go over my head or just land out in left field I hope the events that helped set up this post today or other events that are unrelated don't lead to a lesser Guerry presence around here...

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #52
N8man
Babbling Farker

I have just returned from town, I've picked up a very tasteful wreath and bus tickets
to kansas......will be seeing you shortly Chris....

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #53
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8man View Post
I have just returned from town, I've picked up a very tasteful wreath and bus tickets
to kansas......will be seeing you shortly Chris....
Hope you didn't splurge for round-trip....just catch a tornado back.

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #54
jacob
Babbling Farker

I'm trying to figure out how to do this here. I'm Gary one of Bobby's brothers. He is sleeping now and will be fine. I can see why he talks about you all so much. It wasn't you all that upset Bobby today. Matthew was outside playing and the neighbor had grabbed him up by his arm and started yelling at him for something. We don't know what the hell happened just yet. Bobby according to Tina just heard Matthew holler for Daddy. Tina said she followed him out the door but when he saw what was going down. She said he dropped his walking cane crossed the yard faster than she has ever seen him move. She said Bobby snatched that man up like he was a small child. Then preceded to whip his ass, Bobby is an expert in the Martial Arts since his Army days. I guess the neighbor can consider himself lucky Bobby didn't end him right there. Once he had basically neutralized the threat and knew his boy was OK. He went down hard and didn't get up. Doctor's said he will be fine, just way to much excitement.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
Old 04-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #55
Harbormaster

I'll admit, I was initially punked.

Then I realized it was an April Fool's joke, because what the f#(k does Phil know about throwdowns?

Guerry, Norm's sentiments are mine too. Love havin' you and RedHot as part of my family.
My Toys: 10 WSMs (B, C, DH, DA, EZ, DZ, EO, DU, DR, EE/DU mutt); Brinkman Cimmaron; Chuckwagon Cooker; 5 22.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettles; 1 18.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettle; 3 WGAs (EZ, DE, N); 2 SJPs ( DR, DR); 2 Smokey Joes (A, K); Genesis Silver C (DU).
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #56
bluetang

Well I guess this means we'll never get rid of him.

Homegrown 120 Gallon Reverse Flow, Homey, the Homegrown Kettle, 3 UDS's, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Stumps XL Baby, Bicycle Fast Polder Thermo, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill
Old 04-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #57
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Guerry,

This post has been bothering me...

I hope you can let go of whatever resentment has been building, either through just letting go, or talking with the folks involved. It ain't healthy, man...

You have been a friendly, welcoming, fun loving face on the forum since I joined and really helped me start having a lot of fun here, even when your posts go over my head or just land out in left field I hope the events that helped set up this post today or other events that are unrelated don't lead to a lesser Guerry presence around here...
Scuse me for a bit...

"Are we having fun yet?" Zippy
Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #58
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Was Ginger in on this as well?

If so I don't know if I could ever trust her again, she was so convincing in her "NOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!" thread.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Old 04-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #59
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to do this here. I'm Gary one of Bobby's brothers. He is sleeping now and will be fine. I can see why he talks about you all so much. It wasn't you all that upset Bobby today. Matthew was outside playing and the neighbor had grabbed him up by his arm and started yelling at him for something. We don't know what the hell happened just yet. Bobby according to Tina just heard Matthew holler for Daddy. Tina said she followed him out the door but when he saw what was going down. She said he dropped his walking cane crossed the yard faster than she has ever seen him move. She said Bobby snatched that man up like he was a small child. Then preceded to whip his ass, Bobby is an expert in the Martial Arts since his Army days. I guess the neighbor can consider himself lucky Bobby didn't end him right there. Once he had basically neutralized the threat and knew his boy was OK. He went down hard and didn't get up. Doctor's said he will be fine, just way to much excitement.

Thanks for letting us know what's up. A lot of us are keeping track of Bobby and appreciate knowing how he's doing. I hope he didn't overdo it.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #60
buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I completely fell for it. I was outraged. And deeply saddened. And I am not finding much humor in this yet.

So close...

Smokin In The City 2015
Grand Champion
Boarshank Redemption

Closed Thread