oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
LJ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Horizon Smokers Company

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with Horizon Smokers Company? I have placed an order for a 20" convection plate for my smoker. I have called and sent emails with no response. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lee
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

I have read posts that their service for these plates is slower than molasses in January
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michi...80?sk=timeline
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Same experience here. It was like pulling teeth to get my convection plate. No email responses, I finally got someone to answer the phone after many tries and they took my order, CC# and all. Said it would be done in two weeks. I called back four weeks later and there is no history of my phone call or order. I wonder where my CC# went? I placed my order again, was told two weeks. About three weeks later, my product did show up, but it was not easy. I would not do business with them again.

Call Yoder Smokers. They make a very similar product and their customer service is great. They don't have a plate listed on their website, but I bet you could still get one from them. They make a convection plate for their 20" Wichita smoker.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT(L), SJG(AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT(L)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
Swine Spectator
is one Smokin' Farker

Same experience here-> Placed order, called, promised delivery in 2 weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

12 weeks later I took a picture of their plate and the measurements of my pit to a local metal shop. 3 days and $60 later I had a plate in my pit.

(Former pits: New Braunfel's El Dorado, Stainless Performer, SJP, SJS)

"There's nothing magical about 225, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
supertramp
On the road to being a farker

they make a great product! their customer service is terrible, maybe non-existent is a better word, from my experience...

Old 03-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
LJ

Thanks everyone for the info.
Lee

Old 03-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #7
LJ

Wanted to let everyone know I called the company on Tuesday and finally able to talk to someone. He said they had extra convection plates to keep in stock and mine would be shipped on Tuesday afternoon. Received an email last night from UPS that the plate has been shipped and will be delivered on Friday, 21 March.

So, we will see. I can get this in and start the season in process. Be cooking soon!!

Lee

Old 03-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #8
Hoppy
Full Fledged Farker

Run don't walk away from them.

I won't take the time to post about our experience with them.

But trust me it wasn't good.

[B]If Ya Got'em Smoke'm![/B]

Yoder Custom Chisholm II
Weber Gold
Awesome Wife, Co-Cook and Best Friend
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #9
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
Wanted to let everyone know I called the company on Tuesday and finally able to talk to someone. He said they had extra convection plates to keep in stock and mine would be shipped on Tuesday afternoon. Received an email last night from UPS that the plate has been shipped and will be delivered on Friday, 21 March.

So, we will see. I can get this in and start the season in process. Be cooking soon!!

Lee
Looks like you may have dodged a bullet. Hope it works out for you.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #10
dano
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with Horizon Smokers Company? I have placed an order for a 20" convection plate for my smoker. I have called and sent emails with no response. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lee
Hey Lee....We are a dealer for Horizon so if you needed any help contacting them I would be more than happy to give you a hand...just PM and I will see what I can do.
1-800-745-6109
Authorized Stump's Smokers Dealer
We cook on a Stumps Prince, The Good One Chuckwagon, and FireCraft Pellet-Q450.
dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
LJ

Good morning....Received the convection plate on Friday via UPS. Was exactly what I ordered and already in the smoker. Just waiting for the weather to get better to start the seasoned process.