Bbq in Cincinatti

I was just down here a few days ago for work. Whenever I travel out of town, I try to get my fix of BBQ to try new places and profiles. I went to Eli's Barbecue, great pulled pork sandwich as were the ribs. They only take cash or check so be prepared.

3313 Riverside Drive
Cincinnati, OH

http://elisbarbeque.com/

I am in the area now and someone recommended the Montgomery Inn. They are famous for thjeir ribs. Any way I went last night and they should be famous for never seeing smoke and I suspect they spent some time in boiling water. They fell of the bone to mush. The sauce was ok. The beer was cold.

Worst BBQ in the world

I am in the area now and someone recommended the Montgomery Inn. They are famous for thjeir ribs. Any way I went last night and they should be famous for never seeing smoke and I suspect they spent some time in boiling water. They fell of the bone to mush. The sauce was ok. The beer was cold.

Depending on area.
Velvet Smoke which is inside Findley Market Dowtown
Big Arts which is Colerain township northwest Cincy
Swampwater Grill out east side of Cincy by Coney and river downs

Gleirs is garbage. I grew up west side Cincinnati German catholic and this is where it orientated on west side with the German immigrants durning the depression. Can you buy Dorsels Pin Head Oats at your grocery? They are steel cut oats. If you can I will give you reciepe.

Hey Pigman, do you ever get Goetta? My mother used to make it, but it tasted a bit different than Glier's Goetta. Gotta get Goetta whenever I can!

Gleirs is garbage. I grew up west side Cincinnati German catholic and this is where it orientated on west side with the German immigrants durning the depression. Can you buy Dorsels Pin Head Oats at your grocery? They are steel cut oats. If you can I will give you reciepe.

I'm not a big fan of Gleirs (definitely tasted much different than what I grew up on - my mother was a 2nd generation German immigrant who learned how to make Goetta from her mother), but that seems to be the only Goetta that I can find ANYWHERE (mostly around Cinci and Dayton). I've got the Pin Head Oats, and my mother's recipe, but haven't tried making it in many years.
Sure would be much obliged if you would provide your recipe!
THANKS!
I'm close to 2-hours east of Hickory, but have cousins living there.

When I get a chance this week I will send it to you. There is a outlaw music Fest this yr in hickory

I'm not a big fan of Gleirs (definitely tasted much different than what I grew up on - my mother was a 2nd generation German immigrant who learned how to make Goetta from her mother), but that seems to be the only Goetta that I can find ANYWHERE (mostly around Cinci and Dayton). I've got the Pin Head Oats, and my mother's recipe, but haven't tried making it in many years.
Sure would be much obliged if you would provide your recipe!
THANKS!
I'm close to 2-hours east of Hickory, but have cousins living there.

It was incredibly sweet. A lot of sugar, to me. I had not had sweet chili before and was not expecting it. It wasn't at any restaurant known for chili, just a quick bite kiosk in a downtown shopping district. It wasn't bad, but it was most definitely a surprise. Similar in experience to when I first had cornbread in California, which was more like cake.

Don't know you had but Cincy style is known for the cinnamon and chocolate in it.

It was incredibly sweet. A lot of sugar, to me. I had not had sweet chili before and was not expecting it. It wasn't at any restaurant known for chili, just a quick bite kiosk in a downtown shopping district. It wasn't bad, but it was most definitely a surprise. Similar in experience to when I first had cornbread in California, which was more like cake.

Back