The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
cpw
Babbling Farker

Default wGrill 2, initial impressions

Got my wgrill2 in the mail the other day. I'd say so far so good. I was able to connect directly to the device through ad-hoc mode immediately using my iPhone (similar to the guru). What I thought was a faulty probe turned out to be the probes not snapped all the way in. The construction of the device seems to be pretty solid, but I have had trouble with some of the buttons. Either I am pushing on them too hard or I just haven't figured out the right touch yet.

Getting it connected to regular wifi is pretty straightforward, and thanks to Amigatec's help, I was able to get it connected after several tries. It turned out that I needed to capitalize my wifi network name and once I did that it connected right away, and I've had it plugged in ever since. If you want to check out a live temp read of my dining room floor, it's here: http://98.244.172.87:8010/

So far the only drawback is the confusing documentation, and the website read out. It's not very mobile friendly, and could use some tweaking to work better on a phone (which I would imagine 90% of people who will be using this will be checking the temps on).

I'm going to put it through it's paces this weekend at a comp and come back with a full report.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2114 (Medium).jpg (34.9 KB, 58 views)
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Dixie Meat Rub, Deep South Smokers, and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice and cool in your house!

I have considered his ATC's since the price is really nice, but still considering building my own.

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #3
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Nice and cool in your house!

I have considered his ATC's since the price is really nice, but still considering building my own.
I was glad to be able to get it hooked up to the apple wifi. I have a Stoker and haven't been able to connect it since I switched routers (my old belkin router was a piece of junk that had to be rebooted once a day).
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Dixie Meat Rub, Deep South Smokers, and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote