Going to try to "Make it Rich" at the Farmer's Market.

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So ever since I saw the sriracha sauce sea salt thread, I have been all about smoked sea salt. So far I have a Merlot, Bourbon, Apple wood, Hickory, Sriracha, Ghost Pepper, and some beer "flavored" ones. It's like an obsession now. I'm weird, I understand this. So going to head to our local Farmers Market this spring and make my fortune. LOL. Hopefully offset some BBQ competition costs at least. Any of you guys had any luck there?

Last edited:
I have friends who have made some spending money selling coffee at farmer's markets, but only one who did well enough that he ended up with a business out of it.

But, Our very own Big Mista started off selling BBQ at a farmer's market in the LA area and he is now selling at 5 or 6 a week, catering and is working on opening a restaurant.

So, it can be done, but it takes a lot of work.

Good luck!

Just make sure there is a market for it in what ever area you choose to vend. If you're unable to draw any real conclusion, then you may have to try a few markets before you find the right one.

Best of luck, from what I have seen of the friends that have gone this route, you need to be a 'people person' of the highest order. No matter how good, your product will not sell itself. Also, sample, you need to find a way to get people to sniff and taste your wares.

Back